Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
I thought it was about time we started keeping a list of the best hotel promotions all in one place here at InsideFlyerUK.
They are in a very rough order of generosity, but really you could make an argument that any of the top 5-6 should get the top spot, depending on your travel pattern and your own personal Points valuations.
- Latest incarnation of the personalised promotions IHG have been running for years now
- Earn a minimum of 30,000 bonus Points, but can be much higher
- Runs until 15th December
Verdict: Depends on how good your particular offer is of course – but for most people the combination of IHG‘s global coverage, reasonable rates and potentially generous amounts of bonus Points (my offer averages about 12,000 per stay for four 1-night stays) makes this the pick of the crop this Autumn.
- Full bonus requires four 2-night stays
- Book by 12th October for stays until 26th December
Verdict: The terms are a bit restrictive, but if it suits your travel dates, this is a good promotion – particularly if you can combine it with cheap ‘Happy Mondays’ rates. The fact that there are Accor hotels more or less everywhere which makes this promotion quite accessible is what wins it 2nd place.
- 1-night stays eligible
- Runs until 31st October
Verdict: If you have a good use for ‘Miles & More’ Miles in mind, then for 1-night stays this is the most generous promotion around at the moment. The relative lack of Best Western hotels in key locations (and a high variation in hotel quality) bumps this down to 3rd place.
- Base Points are rounded up to at least 8,000 after two stays of 1 night or more. 8,000 Points is enough for a free night
- No limits to how many Points you can earn.
- Runs until 11th November
Verdict: Choice has run a variation of this offer for some time, and it is potentially a very good one. If there were more Choice hotels in the UK, this may have made the top of the list.
- Requires 25 nights for full bonus
- Runs until 30th November
Verdict: Great promotion for Hyatt loyalists. Requires a lot of nights in a relatively limited amount of time though, Hyatts are relatively scarce in the UK/Europe and rarely cheap.
- Double Points for stays arriving Sun-Thur
- Triple Points for stays arriving Fri + Sat
- Runs until 31st October
Verdict: Triple Points works out at about 78 Points per £1.00 (60 per $1.00) which is actually quite impressive. There is a limit of 50,000 maximum Bonus Points though, and I don’t value Club Carlson Gold Points as highly as I used to. Not Bad.
- Applies to Base Points only
- No restrictions
- Runs until 31st December
Verdict: A little uninspired maybe, but I do like that there aren’t any restrictions in terms of length of stay or excluded hotels etc. Solid.
- Requires stays of 2+ nights
- Triple Points for stays that include a Friday or Saturday, otherwise just double.
- Runs until 18th December
Verdict: I don’t like that stays have to be at least 2 nights to count. Double Points is ok and Triple Points is quite good.
- 5,000 bonus points after your second paid stay…
- OR 10,000 bonus points after every 10 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points
- Runs until 15th January
Verdict: 1,000 – 2,500 Bonus Points per night is seriously weak. With Megabonus, you used to be able to get a Certificate for a free night worth 20,000-25,000 Points after two stays, so this limp offer barely deserves the name to be honest!
If you spot any other offers just let me know in the comments and I’ll add them – cheers!