The Credit Card Referral Thread

Discussion in 'Miles & points via credit cards' started by britabroad, Jul 28, 2017.

1. britabroad

britabroad New Member

Post your credit card referral link here!

This is for the Amex Gold card. Get 22,000 Membership Rewards Points (sign up bonus) rather than 20,000 when you sign up via this link.

Barry1984 likes this.
  2. NewbieTrav

NewbieTrav New Member

3. vmanznsb

vmanznsb New Member

For the quite brilliant Amex platinum charge card (35,000 MR points!!), feel free to use this link.

If anyone's interested in the Amex SPG card, this link will get you an extra 1,000 Starpoints on top of the usual 10,000.

4. Barry1984

Barry1984 Member

Thanks for this.
    Just applied :)

5. BannerJohn

BannerJohn New Member

I have an Amex Platinum charge card since January and really loving the benefits, particularly lounge access and hotel status (especially at Hilton!). The referral link below will get you 35,000 MR points, rather than usual 30,000.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/damiebVATA

If you click on the link and choose to apply for the Amex Gold card instead, you will get 22,000 Membership Rewards Points (sign up bonus) rather than 20,000 when you sign up.

JoeD likes this.
  6. bookingreward

bookingreward New Member

7. JoeD

JoeD Active Member

Yes, I'm a big fan of the Plat. I'd recommend getting the Gold and then upgrading though generally I think.

8. BannerJohn

BannerJohn New Member

Yes, that's a good strategy. The free fee first year is a great bonus to the gold card.
    On a related topic, I've heard that if you cancel the Platinum card, your hotel status (e.g. Hilton gold elite) does not expire immediately. Does anybody know if the expiry in that case would be the end of the calendar year, or the end of the loyalty programme membership year?

9. JoeD

JoeD Active Member

It should just follow whatever the standard status expiry rules are, the same as if you earned status through nights/stays.