The Credit Card Referral Thread

Discussion in 'Miles & points via credit cards' started by britabroad, Jul 28, 2017.

1. britabroad

britabroad New Member

Post your credit card referral link here!

This is for the Amex Gold card. Get 22,000 Membership Rewards Points (sign up bonus) rather than 20,000 when you sign up via this link.

Barry1984 likes this.
  2. NewbieTrav

NewbieTrav New Member

3. vmanznsb

vmanznsb New Member

For the quite brilliant Amex platinum charge card (35,000 MR points!!), feel free to use this link.

If anyone's interested in the Amex SPG card, this link will get you an extra 1,000 Starpoints on top of the usual 10,000.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. Barry1984

Barry1984 Member

Thanks for this.
    Just applied :)

5. BannerJohn

BannerJohn New Member

I have an Amex Platinum charge card since January and really loving the benefits, particularly lounge access and hotel status (especially at Hilton!). The referral link below will get you 35,000 MR points, rather than usual 30,000.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/damiebVATA

If you click on the link and choose to apply for the Amex Gold card instead, you will get 22,000 Membership Rewards Points (sign up bonus) rather than 20,000 when you sign up.

JoeD likes this.
  6. bookingreward

bookingreward New Member

7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm a big fan of the Plat. I'd recommend getting the Gold and then upgrading though generally I think.

8. BannerJohn

BannerJohn New Member

Yes, that's a good strategy. The free fee first year is a great bonus to the gold card.
    On a related topic, I've heard that if you cancel the Platinum card, your hotel status (e.g. Hilton gold elite) does not expire immediately. Does anybody know if the expiry in that case would be the end of the calendar year, or the end of the loyalty programme membership year?

9. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

It should just follow whatever the standard status expiry rules are, the same as if you earned status through nights/stays.

10. David

David New Member

If anyone fancies getting the Starwood Amex, my referal link is below:
    http://amex.co.uk/refer/davida

I've just got the card again myself as:
    (1) I want to bank the signup bonus at least one more time before the card possibly becomes a Marriott product next year.
    (2) With the impending demise of my MBNA issued Lufthansa Miles & More and American Airlines cards (already closed to new applicants) , I wanted to ensure I had a backup for eanring as neither of these are 1:1 with Amex MR - but are 1:1 (or better) with SPG.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/davida

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  11. WorldTravellerUK

WorldTravellerUK New Member

I would be delighted if you could use my link to apply for the following cards:

UK - AMEX - The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    • 22,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. That's enough for a return flight from London to Marrakech.
    • Transfer your points to 15 major frequent flyer and hotel programmes
    • Two complimentary Lounge visits per year to use at over 350 airport lounges globally
    • 10% off Hertz base car rental rates, plus a one car class upgrade and additional driver fee waived. Upgrades are subject to availability
    • $75 USD hotel credit and room upgrade where available at over 350 hotels globally including Hilton, InterContinental and Sofitel
    • Earn one Membership Rewards Point for virtually every £1 spent on your Card and two additional points for virtually every £1 spent with American Express Travel
    • With American Express Invites®, Cardmembers can enjoy access to purchase tickets to a wide range of sought-after events, including music, theatre and film, often before tickets go on sale to the general public. With a selection of more than 400 restaurants, global dining programme Taste from American Express Invites will also help you to find delicious places to eat on your travels
    • The Card includes travel and shopping Purchase Protection
    • Annual fee: £0 for 1st Year (£140 from Year 2)

UK - AMEX - The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    • 35,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership.
    • Unlimited access to over 1,000 airport VIP lounges in 83 countries around the world
    • Comprehensive travel insurance benefits for you, your immediate family, your
    • Supplementary Cardmembers and their immediate family, from the moment you book with your Card
    • Dedicated Platinum Travel and Concierge services to take care of travel plans, tickets or dinner reservations
    • Points are redeemable for a wide range of products, vouchers, experiences, travel and hotel stays – visit membershiprewards.co.uk for more information. Terms, taxes fees and charges apply
    • Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for virtually every full £1 spent
    • Annual fee: £450

Apply here now!: http: // amex.co.uk / refer / athinsiHEY (please remove blanks/spaces from everywhere - had to enter URL this way as site did not allow me to enter it otherwise)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  12. Kosfly

Kosfly New Member

Hi guys

1. Amex Gold

- Sign up bonus: 22,000 points = for example 6 free BA flights to places in Europe (or even 12 if you choose to use half Avios, half money)
    - Free for the first year, can cancel anytime
    - VIP airport lounge passes

2. BA Premium Amex

- £195/ year, you can cancel the card anytime and get the pro rata membership fee back (earn the bonus miles in the first three months, cancel it and keep the miles and most of your £195!)
    - Get 2-for-1 travel with a Companion Voucher when you spend £10,000 (fly First Class on BA to a long haul destination (Australia?) and your partner flies with you for free)

Please let me know if you need referrals, many thanks!

13. OliFF

OliFF New Member

Hi All

If you are looking to apply for Amex Gold or Platinum, please use my referrals below.

GOLD (22,000PTS):

amex.co.uk /refer/shahabfDBZ

(when you use this link, the platinum card page will load, scroll to the bottom and click on the Preferred Rewards Gold Card, then 'Apply Now' on the next screen, it should offer you 22,000pts)

PLATINUM (35,000PTS):

amex.co.uk /refer/shahabfDBZ

Thanks,

Oli

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  14. Richies

Richies New Member

Thanks - just used your link :)

JoeD likes this.
  15. Richies

Richies New Member

New Year, New Card!! FREE 26,000 AVIOS!!!

That's 1,000 Avios bonus on top of the standard 25,000 Avios after spending £3,000 in your first three months with this card when you sign up using this link: http://amex.co.uk/refer/richasJXqr

[​IMG]

After spending £10,000 in the first 12 months, you'll receive a FREE British Airways 2-4-1 Companion Voucher. I earned enough points for two business class flights to Singapore, and two Club Europe flights to Cyprus this year... well worth it. You can cancel the card once you get the bonus and 2-4-1 flight voucher and they refund the £140 annual fee pro rata. Refer your partner then and they can also get the bonus... 100,000+ points in no time for very little effort [​IMG]:)

Highlights

• Earn 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent on purchases on the Card.2
    • Earn 3 Avios for virtually every £1 you spend on British Airways flights and holidays when booked direct with British Airways.3
    • Spend £10,000 or more within an anniversary year to earn a complimentary Companion Voucher, valid for 24 months, so you can take someone on a reward flight with you.4 Terms, taxes, fees and charges apply.
    • Avios can be redeemed for flights, hotels or car hire. Terms, taxes, fees and charges apply.
    • Travel Inconvenience Insurance providing compensation for flight delays, delayed luggage, missed connections and denied boarding for any flight purchased with the Card.5
    • American Express Invites® gives Cardmembers exclusive access to purchase tickets for some of the hottest shows and events, often before they go on sale to the general public.6

This offer is not available if you currently hold or have held any other Avios enrolled American Express Cards in the past 6 months.

APPLY NOW: Please apply via this link to ensure you receive your bonus!!

16. Benoit33

Benoit33 New Member

Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if you could use the links below if you wish to apply for the following cards:

Amex gold and Amex platinum card

You will receive 22,000 points (instead of 20,000) for applying for the Amex gold or 35,000 (instead of 30,000) for applying for the Amex platinum with the link below and when you spend £2,000 in the first 3 months.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/benoicG8PO?XLINK=MYEM

Amex SPG card

You will receive 11,000 points (instead of 10,000) for applying for the Amex SPG with the link below and you spend £1,000 in the first 3 months.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/benoicssw0

I am looking to build a relationship with the people that are using my links i.e. I would like to credit churn and therefore if you use my links above, I will also use your links so that we are all in a win win situation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance.

17. AmexReferrals

AmexReferrals New Member

Hi! I have an Amex referral link that will give you added bonuses for almost any of their cards. The link will automatically take you to the Platinum Everyday Cash Back Card but you can choose your own by scrolling down in this post or by clicking on ‘view other cards’ on the referral link. As I stated before, you will get bonus points or cash back by using my link.

Here is a preview of what to expect:

British Airways American Express® Premium Plus Card
    Earn 26,000 Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership

British Airways American Express® Credit Card
    Earn 6,000 Avios when you spend £1000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.

Platinum Cashback Credit Card
    Get 5% cashback up to £125 cashback for your first 3 months of Cardmembership
    £25 cash back when you spend your first £1

Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card
    Get 5% Cashback up to £100 for your first 3 months of Cardmembership
    £10 cash back when you spend your first £1

The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
    Earn 11,000 Starpoints if you spend £1,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.

The Nectar Credit Card
    Collect 21,000 Nectar points when you spend £2,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership.

The Platinum Card®
    Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first 3 months of Cardmembership

The Preferred Rewards Gold Card
    Earn 22,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend £2,000 in your first 3 months of Cardmembership

The American Express® Card
    Earn 2,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend £1,000 in the first three months of Cardmembership.

Hope this helps. Please use and share. Any questions, just ask! I reply almost instantly.

The link again is:

AMEX REFERRAL BONUSES

Thank you!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  18. Richard1974

Richard1974 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Please find below a referral link for the excellent American Express UK Platinum card. Using this link will earn you a sign-up bonus of 35,000 Membership Reward (MR) points, instead of the usual 30,000, when you meet the target spend:

*** Click here for the American Express UK Platinum Card bonus referral link! ***

[​IMG]

The official American Express UK website, InsideFlyer, and other UK frequent traveller sites summarise the main benefits of the cards pretty well, so there’s not much I can add in that respect. Whether the American Express Platinum card meets your needs is something you will be able to decide for yourself.

However, here are some quick additional comments about everyday use of the card (a sort of mini-review) based on my own personal experience since getting the UK American Express Platinum card a year ago:
    • You can cancel the card any time for a pro-rata refund of the annual fee.
    • The American Express Platinum card has lots of great benefits including automatic gold tier in several major hotel and hire car loyalty schemes; free travel insurance; and a Priority Pass card (see below).
    • There is a really good Amex UK app for iPhones. As well as providing a convenient way to check your Amex MR points balance, it’s also useful for signing up for the latest offers. The app features Touch ID for security.
    • For many stores in the UK, when you use your Amex card you get an immediate notification sent to your iPhone confirming the transaction.
    • In terms of earning points on an ongoing basis, it's been interesting to discover which UK merchants accept American Express cards and which do not. Mostly, large stores/chains etc. tend to accept the card, but some smaller shops/cafes/etc. do not. But to be honest it's a bit random. You'll want to keep another credit or debit card with you, just in case.
    • Similarly, most large online retailers accept Amex, but a few do not. One workaround I discovered is that PayPal does accept Amex, so if an online retailer doesn't accept Amex but does accept PayPal, you can effectively use your Amex card indirectly by paying via PayPal.
    • The card has contactless, which generally works perfectly in the UK.
    • Having the Platinum card currently entitles you to register for the Boingo wifi service for free. Their wifi coverage is much better than I expected, both in the UK and internationally, and the plan you get for free with the Platinum card seems much better than the plans available to paid Boingo subscribers. Boingo works on smartphones, tablets and laptops (simply download the relevant app for each and enter your account details), and has proved extremely useful already on a number of occasions while travelling, both in the UK and overseas.
    • The Priority Pass card arrived very shortly after my Amex card was delivered. I fly regularly both for business and leisure and have used the Priority Pass on numerous occasions. It’s really convenient, and the version of the Priority Pass card you get with the Amex Platinum card is excellent (better than the ones you can buy!), giving you unlimited access to 1,200 Priority Pass airport lounges worldwide for free. You can also sign in one guest for free.
    [​IMG]
    • The Platinum card also gets you access to Eurostar lounges.
    • After my American Express Platinum card arrived I signed up for all the various enhanced tier hotel loyalty schemes (e.g. Gold in Hilton Honors, Gold in Radisson Rewards, etc.). At the time, I was new to most of these schemes: I gather you can simultaneously join each scheme and apply for the upgraded tier directly via the Amex site; but what I did, and which worked really well, was to create accounts for each loyalty programme directly on the relevant hotel chain website. Then, once I’d been assigned a membership number for that loyalty programme, I used that on the Amex site to request a tier upgrade, and these generally happened really quickly - either immediately or within a day or two. The only one that took much longer to come through was the Shangri-La 'Golden Circle' scheme, perhaps because they were the only ones also to send a welcome pack through the post (from Hong Kong!)
    • The Platinum card gets you full car hire insurance - see the T&Cs for further details.
    • If you have an iPhone, your Platinum card, Priority Pass card, and hotel loyalty cards can conveniently all be stored in Apple Wallet.
    I hope you find the above comments useful, and I’d be delighted if you wanted to use my referral link below!

*** Click here for the American Express UK Platinum Card bonus referral link! ***

Best wishes,
    Richard

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    JoeD likes this.
  19. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Nice summary!

20. JamieB

JamieB New Member

Edit: All referrals now used up for this year, sorry guys!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Dazza likes this.