Free Avios/cashback with dodgy bookmaker alert

Discussion in 'Free/no additional spend miles & points' started by tommyl, Jan 14, 2016.

1. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I am no fan of UK bookmakers, but this offer on Topcashback from Ladbrokes is worth flagging:

[​IMG]

In short, open a new account and deposit and wager at least £10 within three days and you'll get £31.50 cashback. Assuming you lose your £10 (and you could always "lay" the bet on Betfair to minimise this loss) then you will still get £21.50 overall (= 2257 Avios, or 5160 Avios/5375 Flying Club miles if you withdraw them as Clubcard points and convert).

Please do not become a dribbling gambling addict as a result of me flagging this offer. UK bookmaker prices are rubbish almost without exception. However, this is free money/Avios with fairly minimal effort.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Gagravarr likes this.
  2. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

When i click through to Ladbrokes, the first page it loads is a Premier League offer with code F50. I clicked on Join Now, filled out my details, and F50 was already in the promo box. Is this related to Topcashback's offer or not? If I leave the code where it is, Ladbrokes might decline cashback because the code wasn't sanctioned by Topcashback. If I take it away, and it was part of the TCB offer, I won't qualify for the cashback. But then why did TCB link to that page in the first place? Aargh!

I will play it safe and remove the code, seeing as it isn't on the TCB page. Strange that TCB linked to it, though.

3. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

OK, account created and £10 deposited. I assume I have to make my first bet for Topcashback to record this and for me to receive an email from them.

I think the safest bet would be sticking the £10 on on of the big PL teams winning their next match (not Utd obviously!). Arsenal or City would be good choices, having just drawn their last games.

4. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Man City v Crsytal Palace
    Stoke vs Arsenal

or even Villa vs Leicester!

5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

OK, I went for a City win over Palace. Come on City :D

6. tommyl

Good luck, but bear in mind win or lose the idea is you will be in credit!

Re the F50 code, I am really not sure, but certainly it might jeopardise the cashback. Also, I can assure you it comes with a series of terms and conditions. In light of this, I think you took the advisable route.

7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Yes, I'm not bothered about the profit. Of course it would be nice to get my £10 back and it seemed the best way.

8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

City did the job and then some. 4-0! So I'll get my £10 back, plus £3.40 profit, and fingers crossed for the cashback, which hasn't tracked yet.

Glad I didn't put a bet on Chelsea - I'd have had a heart attack with all that drama.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  9. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

OK, unfortunately this didn't work out. TCB didn't track it, so I lodged a claim and they tracked it at 0:00 - but then Ladbrokes declined it. I followed the instructions to the letter.

I had a look at the recent reviews and the majority of people had the same issue - tracked at 0:00 and declined. So I'll be moving on from this one.

Next up is Lottoland and the Nationwide bank switch. Lottoland didn't track. The bank switch is still pending.

Hasn't been a good week for me, what with Virgin Flying Club refusing to pay the 1000 mile Shop Away bonus. I'm in dispute with them on that. Also unhappy with Tesco not sending points coupons for over 12 months, but at least they gave me 200 points instead.

I'll keep soldiering on!

10. tommyl

That makes me slightly livid. Between TCB and Ladbrokes, they are simply wriggling out of the payment of £31.50.

It seems that the inital error was TCBs, but I know from first-hand experience that when it comes to paying out affiliate commissions, bookmakers can be reluctant to say the least.

That said, there's really only so much you can do. At least you didn't lose the initial £10.

11. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Yep, and not only that, I won my bet so I got an extra £3.64!

I'm not that bothered tbh. I just need another £30 from TCB before I hit my yearly limit, and the bank switch should cover that. Had I got the Ladbrokes cashback I'd just have converted it directly into Avios at lesser value.

12. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

On another note, my email to Virgin customer services did the trick, because they paid out my free 1000 miles this morning. Sorted! :)

13. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

After Ladbrokes declined the cashback last week, i immediately put in another claim out of annoyance, expected it to fail and forgot about it.

To my surprise, £30 is now showing in my account as pending. :) There's no logic!

Note I say pending... I'm still expecting it to be declined again. We shall see.

14. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Update...

Well done for drawing attention to this deal Tommyl. You sir are a genius because the £30.30 cashback just became payable in my account. :) I just put in a 'payout to Tesco' request and it should process in five days.

Curiously I was able to put the £30.30 through when I was only expecting £28.77 to be allowed, because I'd already transferred some money through and there's supposed to be a £50 limit.

Who enforces the limit - TCB or Tesco?

If it's Tesco and I lose the £1.53, so be it - not bothered!

My goodness, Inside Flyer is a handy little site isn't it? :)

15. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

It's Topcashback that stops you transferring if you're over the limit, so you're in luck!

It might be to do with the 5% bonus for transfers to Tesco? You can transfer £50.00 but that turns into £52.50, so I think that's the actual limit.

litefoot likes this.
  16. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Could be! I will have another look tonight when 24 hrs have passed (not allowed to do more than one Tesco transfer per day).

17. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Ladbrokes cash has been converted into Tesco clubcard points and shows in my clubcard account now. Yay!

Since October I've been able to transfer £54.60 into Tesco. I assume that leaves 40 pence transfer left. Other than that I'm maxed out. Very pleased to have hit the target!

Should the bank switch cashback be successful, I'll save that for my next Tesco transfer in October.

JoeD likes this.
  18. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

My Lottoland deposit via TopCashback hadn't tracked, so I opened a missing cashback claim for it. Today TCB have given me the money and I've withdrawn it :)

So, if you've been having problems with that one, worth checking, and raising a missing cashback claim if not!

I can't yet withdraw my £2 (shows Withdrawable balance £0.00, Available balance £2.00 on the lottoland site), but I think I should be able to in a couple of weeks once it hits 2 months from deposit

litefoot likes this.
  19. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I did mine on 14th January and it didn't track. Submitted cashback claim 17th January. No movement. How long did yours take?

20. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Lottoland account opened on the 14th, deposit on the 15th Jan, claim raised on the 26th Jan, cashback turned up on Friday and the claim ticket auto-updated over the weekend

litefoot likes this.