So.... Insideflyer.co.uk?

Discussion in 'The Social Club — general chats, meet ups & more' started by SeanD, Nov 2, 2015.

1. SeanD

SeanD New Member

Any plans for regular social events or similar? I like the idea of a UK frequent flyer community, would definitely be interested.

AndrewM, vik, tommyl and 2 others like this.
  2. NewbieTrav

NewbieTrav New Member

I am a total novice to this game but starting to love it. Got a load of bonus Avios through my BA Amex last month and am hooked.

I would definitely be up for this.

tommy777 likes this.
  3. MilesFromBlighty

MilesFromBlighty Co-founder

I think everything is possible!
    The UK is in some ways more sophisticated about miles and points than many European countries, yet doesn't have the credit card churn options of our American cousins.
    We're in a niche market and I think getting people together to chat about it would be a great idea. Give it a few months whilst we get the extras live, and we'll see what we can do.
    Thanks for the great suggestion.

tommyl likes this.
  4. lettezilla

lettezilla New Member

Well the launch event was good fun, nice to have a chance to talk about points and travel without boring or confusing people, I would certainly be happy to attend more social events in the future!

5. idrive

idrive New Member

indeed it was nice to have an occasion to exchange views and chat about our hobby. and the T-shirt was a great idea too! thanks IFUK people:)

Kilburnflyer likes this.
  6. Kilburnflyer

Kilburnflyer New Member

Seconded, big thanks for my iFuk t-shirt (not sure the missus was too impressed mind haha). It was great to meet some like minded travel/points enthusiasts.

Has the prize draw taken place then? Wondering if I missed the boat. Very keen on trip to PH Buenos Aires in January, you see... ;)

7. idrive

idrive New Member

I don.'t know do not think so i am also keen to!:)

8. Michael

Michael New Member

Wow, the launch get together was amazing. My sincerest thanks for the invite, it was amazing to spend so much time with so many like minded people. A special word of thanks ( & Praise ) for the folk at the Hyatt Churchill for providing exemplary service and a wonderful atmosphere .. you guys did a great job

I thought I may have been the only person who traveled a distance to attend the event, but was delighted to talk to so many that actually did likewise. The Key fobs & T-shirt have taken pride of place in my home, I can guarantee that the key fob will travel everywhere and be displayed with pride, however.. the t-shirt will be only taken out and worn for special occasions

Now, down to the serious business of promoting, pushing & participating with insideflyerUK

idrive likes this.
  9. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Likewise it was great to be at the event. Could someone remind me when the competition runs until?

10. Michael

Michael New Member

This Thursday I believe

11. FlyingChris

FlyingChris New Member

Great meeting other fellow miles enthusiasts last week - many thanks IF for the invite! As others have mentioned, great opportunity to talk points with other like minded people (as opposed boring friends & family with it!). Would too be interested in any UK based community/social events in the future.

12. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Thanks Chris - InsideFlyer UK is all about ensuring a proper, unmoving, UK angle to the miles, points and frequent travel game. With that in mind we are almost certain to be offering events and meet-ups in the UK in time, it's a case of getting the website established first and taking it from there.

vik, Kilburnflyer and Michael like this.
  13. idrive

idrive New Member

anyone knows if our names from the guest list are already in the raffle? I thought that there would be a message here on the forum. Did I just misunderstand that part? or the announcement would be just on Thursday on the forum? Good luck all!

14. David

David New Member

MilesFromBlighty likes this.
  15. Ian

Ian Active Member

+1 for a great launch event (thanks to Rob from headforpoints for the invite). I couldn't get used to people not looking at me weirdly when talking about points, Amex 2-4-1's and the like.
    The luggage tag is in use, I think I need to grow into the t-shirt.

MilesFromBlighty and Michael like this.
  16. IFUKfan

IFUKfan New Member

I think everyone needs to grow into their tshirts!! Maybe a few more of these social gatherings would help speed things along ;)

vik likes this.
  17. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

If you fancy a trip up to Oxford, I'm happy to organise and host a meetup for the new year. How does a couple of historic Oxford colleges, a museum where Indiana Jones would feel at home, and a literary pub crawl sound? :)

Oxford is an hour from London on a fast train (2 direct + 2 with 1 change an hour), just over an hour from Heathrow (2 coaches an hour with wifi), 90-120 minutes from Central London (something crazy like 10 coaches an hour, services all night too), and fairly easy to get to from the likes of Birmingham too. Just don't try to drive...

(Plus if I organise, I can pick a weekend I'm around for! I'm still gutted at having helped plan the FT meetup in Oxford which I missed due to being abroad...)

MilesFromBlighty and IFUKfan like this.
  18. Kilburnflyer

Kilburnflyer New Member

Hi Tommy, really enjoying the website thus far. Any news on the Hyatt launch competition at all?

19. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Hi Kilburnflyer - the winner was announced in the thread where the post was contained - I will do a more public post as I appreciate it is somewhat tucked away.

Michael likes this.
  20. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

I missed the FT one as well, although I did feign passing interest. Unfortunately, I no longer work in Oxford as my current contract is in London. On the other hand, it did make it easier to attend the Hyatt Churchill "do" compared with the trip I made from Oxford to Victoria for the first launch meeting.

MilesFromBlighty likes this.