Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
If you have been reading InsideFlyer UK during 2021, you can’t have failed to notice that British Airways ditched Tesco and moved their supermarket partnership over to Sainsburys. Now you can convert Nectar points to Avios, and vice versa. (although it’s far easier to convert from Nectar to Avios…)
With Avios now having a floor value of 0.8p – in the form of spending Nectar points at Sainsburys, Argos, etc. – many of you will have already limked your British Airways Executive Club account with your Nectar account. Absent special promotions such as the recent 2p per Avios “Part Pay with Avios” promotion or a desire to fly long-haul in a premium cabin, 0.8p discounts on your shopping are quite possibly the most simple and sensible way to redeem your Avios.
But for those who have never got around to a conversion, Nectar and British Airways are offering a special bonus. Between now and 27 September, 2021, you can earn a bonus of 250 Avios when you convert a minimum of 2,000 Nectar points (into 1,250 Avios if you send the exact minimum).
Once your Nectar points have become Avios, you must not send any Avios back to Nectar until 1 November, 2021…
Here are the relevant Terms & Conditions for this promotion:
BA ‘250 bonus Avios’ T&Cs:
- To be eligible for this offer, customers must be at least 18 years old and be either a member of British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) and a Nectar account holder (“Eligible Participants” or in the singular, an “Eligible Participant”). Eligible Participants must link their BAEC account to a Nectar account or their Nectar account to a BAEC account, in order to convert their Avios into Nectar points or their Nectar points into Avios.
- A minimum of 400 Nectar points are required to make a conversion into Avios. Nectar points can only be converted into Avios in increments of 400 Nectar points. Eligible Participants will accrue 250 Avios for every 400 Nectar points converted.
- To be eligible for 250 Bonus Avios, Eligible Participants must convert at least 2,000 Nectar points into Avios in one single manual or auto-opt-in conversion within the period from 1 September 2021 up to and including 27 September 2021 (the “Offer Period”).
- This bonus is available to Eligible Participants who have not sent or received any points prior to 1 September 2021.
- Eligible Participants will not be eligible for entry in the following scenarios: the linked BAEC and Nectar account are unlinked after the conversion of Nectar to Avios points from 1 September 2021 up to and including 31 October 2021; any amount of Avios are converted to Nectar from 1 September 2021 up to and including 31 October 2021; or any eligible transfers between the BAEC and Nectar accounts are reversed from 1 September 2021 up to and including 31 October 2021.
- The 250 Bonus Avios will be credited to the Eligible Participant’s BAEC account up to 10 weeks of the Offer Period end date.