Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
I received a very interesting e-mail this morning from Iberia. Check your inboxes as well… Iberia is offering 9,000 bonus Avios for booking ANY flight on iberia.com. However, as usual, Iberia didn’t provide a full set of terms and conditions. But here’s what I can decipher.
- You must purchase a paid flight between 21 and 24 June, 2018
- Flights must be operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum
- You can receive up to 90,000 bonus Avios in total
- One-ways appear to be allowed
- You must provide Iberia Plus account details when booking
- You must USE the 9,000 Avios before 1 December, 2018
There is a landing page for the promotion on Iberia.com, so the promotion might be open to all. Click here…
I wanted to get this post published quickly, but some quick hacks that come to mind are:
- You can book a return trip as two one-ways and earn 9,000 Avios each time
- You can book the cheapest Spanish domestic flights for 40-50 euros and simply no-show – the bonus Avios seem to arrive 10 days after PURCHASING the ticket, not actually flying
- You might be able to “Part Pay with Avios”, normally a poor deal, but in this case you might want to reduce the up-front cash cost of chasing some bonus Avios.
It’s entirely unclear whether “Combining Your Avios” to British Airways Executive Club would count as using Avios. Even if you empty out your Iberia Plus account, you might want it in the future – Iberia Plus has been known to immediately expire Avios that were transferred into an inactive account. So it’s probably wise to actually use your bonus Avios before December on an Iberia reward.
Don’t forget that you can earn £3.53 cashback from TopCashback for booking on iberia.com.
If it works as promised, this looks like an excessively lucrative promotion. I wonder what’s going on behind the scenes… What do you think?