Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Yes, #TrainTuesday is back for its first outing of 2017 – and there’s actually a couple of pretty good offers around this week…
Virgin East Coast is offering 50% off train fares for travel between Edinburgh and London. All destination en route are included too, for example:
- London King’s Cross to Leeds from just £7.75 each way or from £21.75 First Class
- Peterborough to London King’s Cross from just £5.75 or from £12.00 First Class
- York to Newcastle from just £6.00 or from £9.90 First Class
- Edinburgh to London King’s Cross from just £20 each way or from £35.25 First Class
You need to book by Friday 13 January 2017 and travel between 30 January – 31 March 2017 (excluding 17-20 February inclusive).
Unfortunately, you can’t get a Railcard discount on top!
GWR is also holding a decent looking ‘January Sale’ with the prices between London and the Cotswolds, Oxford, Bristol, Bath, Cheltenham, Swindon, Exeter, Penzance, Cardiff and Swansea ranging from £5-£15 in Economy and £25-£39 in First Class.
You need to book by 25th January 2017, for travel by 24th March 2017. There is a limited number of discounted tickets available, so book asap.
Everyone loves a #TrainTuesday bargain!
Virgin East Coast Terms:
- Book by 23.59 on Friday 13 January 2017 only at virgintrainseastcoast.com/sale and thetrainline.com/seatsale
- Valid on tickets travelling between 30 January to 31 March 2017, excluding 17-20 February 2017 (inclusive)
- For travel on Virgin Trains East Coast services and connections only
- At least 400,000 of our lowest Advance tickets (325,000 Standard and 75,000 First Class) will be made available across the travel period and are subject to availability
- Limited availability on peak services and at weekends
- Due to engineering works there will be no sale tickets available on journeys to and from London King’s Cross on 4-5 February and 11-12 February 2017
- No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards
- Full Virgin Trains East Coast Advance terms and conditions apply and can be found here
- Promotional fares are for Advance Single tickets only
- Available to purchase from 6 January 2017 until 23:59 on 25 January 2017 for travel from 23 January 2017 to 23:59 on 24 March 2017
- Promotional fares must be bought a minimum of 17 days in advance of travel
- 400,000 seats available as of 6 January 2017 (300,000 Standard Class & 100,000 First Class)
- Promotional fares are subject to quota-controlled availability, and will be valid for the booked GWR service(s) only
- Maximum of 9 persons per booking
- Promotional fares are subject to availability and may not be available at some peak times and are not valid with any other offer
- Advance Single ticket terms and conditions apply except as varied by these promotional terms and conditions
- Advance Single (one-way) tickets are non-refundable, except where permitted under the terms of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage*
- Child concession of 50% applies for customers aged 5-15 inclusive, but no Railcards or any other concessionary scheme applies
- Customers may not start, break and resume, or end their journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on the ticket(s)
- These tickets will not be valid for travel on other train operator’s services, or on dates or times other than as shown on the ticket
- GWR’s decisions relating to this promotion are final. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law
- The promoter is First Greater Western Limited, company number 05113733, registered at Milford House, 1 Milford Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1HL (“GWR”)
National Rail Conditions of Travel