Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Avios.com and British Airways Executive Club have just launched a very generous promotion, each offering 1,000 Bonus Avios when you collect any amount of Avios from a transaction with a partner that you have haven’t earned Avios with in the last 12 months.
Oddly, the offer hasn’t made an appearance yet on the British Airways website, but Avios.com shows both offers (and with slightly different Ts & Cs) so it should presumably be up at some point.
The essential details are nice and simple:
- To be eligible for the bonus, you need to have had an Avios/BAEC account and have earned at least some Avios in it before the promotion.
- Collect with a new partner (one you haven’t collected with in the last 12 months) between 3rd October and 21st November.
- Only one bonus regardless of how many new partners you earn with.
- Avios earned from survey partners, Shell Drivers’ Club, and purchasing/gifting/transferring Avios do not trigger the bonus.
- All flight partners count as one category – so if you’ve already earned Avios this year by flying BA there’s no point crediting an Air Berlin flight, for example, as it won’t trigger the bonus.
- Similarly, if you’ve earned Avios through shopping portals Gate 365 or Avios e-store for purchases at John Lewis, you won’t get the bonus for making purchases through the portals at a different shop.
- Pretty much anything else seems to be fine – I would suggest transferring a few hotel Points might be the easiest option if you’ve already used the shopping portals in the last year.
The only key difference I can see between the Avios.com version and the BA Executive Club version is that every member of a BAEC household account is eligible for the bonus, whereas Avios.com only allows one bonus per household account.
Bearing in mind Avios.com / BA’s usual IT skills, whether these restrictions will actually be succesfully enforced is… debatable. There are so many ‘legitimate’ partners to choose from anyway though that I don’t think you should find it too tricky to find something suitable regardless.
I can’t see anything in the Ts & Cs to suggest that you can only earn the bonus from one of the two offers (and that would seem totally unenforceable anyway), so this is 2,000 Bonus Avios for about two minute’s work transferring hotel Points or making a purchase through the e-stores.
In other words – it’s a great deal!