Anyone BINKed yet?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by GnarlyOldGoatDude, Nov 7, 2016.

1. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

As an unashamed Pizza eater (I know, I know, but for me it's cultural), I was interested in the latest mailing from AVIOS(.com) about 1000 Avios for buying a pizza.

Download the BINK app. Register a few details and link your AVIOS account.
    Then dine at Pizza Express by 21st November and you'll bag 1000 Avios.

The normal earning rate is 6 Avios per £ spent Sunday to Thursday, but only 3 Avios per £ on Friday and Saturday.
    Anyone for a pre-Christmas London Pizza Express meet where we can all do that awkward paying individually thing?

2. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Actually that email from Avios was slightly misleading advertising, at least for us "points/miles nerds" who jump on every offer.

The 1000 free points are not a standalone offer, but rather it's simply the "1000 bonus Avios for collecting somewhere new", which we flagged a long time ago.

As such, if you've already made use of the 1,000 bonus Avios for collecting somewhere new with Avios (as I have), you won't get 1,000 bonus Avios for eating at Pizza Express.

How do I know? well click on the "*See full bonus terms and conditions" at the bottom of the email and it will take you here. You'll also note the Avios/Pizza Express mailing talks about an end date of 21 November, which is the same end date as the wider 1,000 bonus Avios promo. Given however that the email says the following, I do think this should have been made a lot clearer:

[​IMG]

As you note, the small upside is you will at least earn up to 6 Avios per £1 on your Pizza Express spend, using Bink.

litefoot likes this.
  3. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Thanks for posting that - I did get the email, but I'm not a pizza eater. But where 1000 avios are concerned I was going to have one!

4. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

I notice that Morrisons is also a partner on the card. The only Avios link seems to be to Pizza Express. It would have been interesting if there was suddenly a rival to Tescos.

5. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

It would indeed!