Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
I recently advised readers to consider spending a few Avios to save some £ on paid flights, because they could receive 1p per Avios.
But this limited time offer from British Airways Executive Club is even better! When you book a long-haul paid flight in World Traveller (i.e. Economy) before 23:59 BST on 22 October, 2018, you will be given the opportunity to spend 5,000 Avios to save £100.
This is a genuine savings of 2p per Avios. And since you are buying a paid ticket, you will still earn Avios, Tier Points, etc. And of course you don’t have to worry about finding award space.
Here’s some of the fine print:
- Your Executive Club account must be registered to a UK address
- You can book any BA long-haul flight with the exception of: Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria and Saint Petersburg (Russia)
- You can book the entire BA schedule until 9 October, 2019
- ONLY World Traveller bookings will see the bonus offer 🙁
- The bonus requires spending 5,000 Avios per person, but you can book for up to 9 people in one reservation. You cannot use Avios from different accounts
You can find further details by clicking here.
The Bottom Line
2p per Avios is excellent value. However, it does require booking this weekend (a very short period to finalise travel plans – unlike award bookings, you can’t change your mind later and pay a small penalty) and to fly in Economy class.
Perhaps this is just a test of “dynamic pricing” but, if so, a base 2p per Avios would make a lot of people quite happy…