Videos of Alex Cruz (BA Chairman / CEO) speaking about the future of Club World, Avios, Wifi, Etc!

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by JoeD, Apr 8, 2017.

1. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Lionell

Lionell Member Staff Member

I'm curious about the new catering for the lounges. I don't fly BA a lot but I do spend time in the BA lounges at LHR. I never really liked the offerings food wise. The only time I ate in one of the lounges was when a friend got me into the first class lounge, food there was way better then in the business class lounge.

3. HerrO

HerrO New Member

I am concerned about the fact that we see a more specific split between premium and economy travels when it comes to earning Avios and Tier Points.

I am positive about the new investments in the Club World product which really looks nice. When a new seat comes then it can again be a very good product - but I am afraid that it will still be staggered due to revenue focus. My argument for this is that currently the Club World is quite often well occupied (at least on the routes I fly to).

4. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

While I have reservations about some of Alex's comments and BA more generally, credit to him for this initiative.

It's easy to moan but always good to see a CEO holding himself accountable, which he obviously did here.

5. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

6. HerrO

HerrO New Member

It seems a bit strange trying to push the PR show for a positive journey for Club World and premium travels and then drop a story just after on removing free food and drinks on long haul. This seems not good planned.

I still think that it will happen in 1-3 years from now - maybe on selected routes to begin with. But I think that the focus on low cost is simply to big and therefore they cannot see any other way forward....

7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah, absolutely bizarre PR move by Cruz to be honest.

Yes, maybe on some leisure routes from Gatwick where low cost carriers are the main competition. I can't really see it working though on most of the routes where the competition is already often of a higher standard though. Perhaps a sort of hybrid system, where water/tea/coffee and something basic like sandwiches are included, but you need to pay for proper meals and other drinks?

8. windsor

windsor New Member

will see!

9. Annapurnaview

Annapurnaview New Member

He comes across well in the interviews etc, seems forthright and trustworthy, but he doesn't seem to be particularly customer focused based on the decisions he's been making