Value of Virgin Elevate Points

Discussion in 'Others' started by litefoot, May 11, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay anything like that for them personally - and I'm a huge fan!

On the other hand, I hate paying for any Miles.

Probably the best deal using Elevate Miles is the Frankfurt-NYC route on SIA, and that would work out very slightly cheaper than just paying the cash rates most of the time, so not great.

There are specific times it could make sense though I suppose, if you just need a couple of extra thousand for an award, or want a one-way that's otherwise pricing very expensively.

Generally though, stay well away!

litefoot likes this.
  3. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I have sometimes thought about buying an infinite number of Hilton HHonors points in the 100% bonus offer and then simply moving in to the Hampton Inn Newport at 5K a night. I'd get a season ticket at County and everything.

Otherwise I'm with Joe. There would need to be a seriously good (value-producing) reason for me to buy Miles/Points as a rule.

litefoot likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

litefoot likes this.
  5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

It is indeed an excellent deal. Alas, I don't have £77 to spare for this at the moment so I will wait for deals that are less harder on the wallet.

Much appreciated though!

6. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

Infinite.....Hotel....I don't think you are thinking about the Hampton Inn Newport. No. You're confusing it with Hilbert's Grand Hotel.

7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Today is Elevate's last day.

I'm just going to let my points transfer over to Alaska automatically unless someone suggests otherwise.

8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Had second thoughts and decided to transfer them today, 31st Dec. Ran into problems at 11pm so contacted Alaska Airlines on Twitter. They responded immediately and transferred the points over in five minutes. Now that's what I call service!

JoeD likes this.
  9. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Nice - yeah I transferred all mine over last week. Looks like I made a slight miscalculation at some point when transferring Starpoints over and now have TOO MANY Alaska Miles (not that this is actually possible of course! :) )