Earn some serious chunks of Turkish Miles&Smiles miles reviewing hotels

Discussion in 'Others' started by tommyl, Apr 6, 2016.

1. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I've just added a blog post on a great new way to earn a healthy stash of Miles&Smiles miles by reviewing hotels.

While the review itself will get you 100 miles, the trick is to add a load of photos, as you will get (give or take) 50 extra miles per photo added, and it is not clear what the limit is (I had 11 photos and earned miles on all of them).

[​IMG]

So next time you're in a hotel, take a series of photos, then get yourself over to Gezi.com.

JoeD and Gagravarr like this.
  2. tommyl

It does also seem that more airline loyalty schemes should be available, but at present I can only see how to allocate miles to Turkish:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One worth keeping an eye on, I think...

3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Extremely interesting (potentially!). Do you know if there is a limit to the number of reviews you can make in a given time period?

4. tommyl

Doesn't seem to be.

I am submitting genuine reviews, with genuine photographs, and getting several hundred miles each time (in fact my review of Hilton Euston had sufficient photos to get me over 1000 miles).

However, the reviews are all currently pending moderation, so I'll reserve judgment until they are approved.

5. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

10,000 annual limit per year is the only thing I can see. There's a family account allowable too with Miles and Smiles (seems you have to send a copy of marriage certificate etc, which isn't ideal but could still be useful: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/the-whole-family-is-smiling).

M&S seems quite bureaucratic generally for a frequent flyer programme, but the award chart looks great! Definitely worthy of further investigation: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...rlines-capacity-controlled-award-ticket-table

If I'm reading it correctly, you can book things like United in Business for 15k each way to/from anywhere in North America (shouldn't be any fuel surcharges because United don't charge them on those routes I don't think).

45k each way in business between Western Europe and North America, South Africa, and Far East (possible fuel surcharges).

52.5k each way in business between Western Europe and Oceania or South America.

I think my personal favourite though is 15k in economy or 25k in business each way within Oceania. Oceania includes everything from Australia and NZ all the way across the Pacific to Hawaii! (to the best of my knowledge Air NZ doesn't have fuel surcharges).

Routing rules are here: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/miles-and-smiles/awards/important-notes-for-award-tickets

The main points are:
    Up to 8 flight segments ( that's for a Return, so 4 segments foroa one way)
    One open jaw permitted.
    One stopover on ANY Turkish only Return award (doesn't apply to one-ways)
    One stopover on Star Alliance awards that require at least 60k Miles in Economy, 90k in Business, 135k in First. So basically, to/from Europe you can have a stopover on Returns to/from North America, South America,Far East, Oceania, South Africa, but not to/form anywhere else

6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Ah - basically no proper transfer partners though (not even SPG). You can get at least 4,000 from a rocketmiles booking here: https://www.rocketmiles.com/milesan...16-milesandsmiles-3k-bonus&utm_source=turkish and there's a full list f their partners here: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/miles-and-smiles/partners/accomodation which might be worth a closer look.

If you have a family and don't mind the hassle of setting up a family account, do the hotel reviews and RocketMiles on each account, it could still be great.

tommyl likes this.
  7. tommyl

I have used Miles&Smiles points to redeem with Turkish on a few occasions now - always been good value miles and tax-wise, even in Economy.

Indeed as a general point I think Turkish Airlines are a pretty good value airline: they often have superb deals on Economy and Business Class, and the Istanbul hub journey break is no worse than the UAE hub break you'll get with Etihad/Emirates.

8. jtz

jtz New Member

Is this still running?

9. TigraBY

TigraBY New Member

At least it's worth trying))