250 Avios per Partner

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by FlyingPiggie, Aug 19, 2017.

1. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

OK, so I wrote up a post about earning 250 Avios per partner, based on an email I received from Avios.com.

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2017/08/earn-250-bonus-avios-partner-collect/

Then a reader reminded me that Deal Daddy wrote the same thing two months ago. The promo back then appeared to be targeted, so I went back and edited my post to be safe.

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2017/06/250-bonus-avios-every-time-collect-different-partner-targeted/

FWIW I had an Avios online shop in July, and haven't seen 250 Avios from that...

So then WTF... my BAEC account has just received 250 Avios, even though the only flight or partner activity I had with BAEC was a couple of E-Rewards transfers in June/July. So did I/we completely miss a BAEC version of the promo?

I can't believe for a second that an Avios.com partner transaction overnight (Tesco) then triggered an immediate 250 Avios bonus with BAEC?

Completely lost... Would love to get to the bottom of it since a non-published scoop (like the Tesco 20%) is good for business...

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha, aye - fairly baffling. Particularly the BAEC bonus!

3. Ian

Ian Active Member

I also got a 250 Avios bonus into my BAEC account, and I have no idea why. (I just hope it continues!).

4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

hmmm - me too! odd

5. Ian

Ian Active Member

I did think, maybe this is the 250 Avios promised for pre-registering interest in AerClub from way back. But then that would be expected to land in Avios.com accounts, and not BAEC. Surely IAG couldn't mess up something so simple.....???

JoeD likes this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the only thing I can come up with too, but as you say, that should have gone to Avios.com...

Also, some people seemed to get 500?

7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I received nothing sadly!

Has anyone had 250 avios show up in their accounts in the last few weeks? (i.e. since the last post in this thread).

8. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Just checked and I've now got a mystery 1,000 bonus - possibly from that Marriott signup thing maybe?

litefoot likes this.
  9. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Yes, that's been handed out today I gather.

10. Ian

Ian Active Member

Yeah, just noticed the wife's BAEC account just got the 1,000 Marriott signup bonus.

Now just a few thousand short of First out, Club back for LHR-BOS next year. Anyone need an Amex referral? ;)

11. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

The way Marriott is handing Points out at the moment, you'll be fine in a few weeks!

litefoot likes this.
  12. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Because of exactly that, I'm suspicious there's a Marriott devaluation coming. They gave out millions of points on Sunday just for tweeting.

JoeD likes this.
  13. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Every Sunday for a little while to come now (I think...). Cha-ching!