1250 Free Hilton Points

Discussion in 'Free/no additional spend miles & points' started by tommyl, Feb 16, 2017.

1. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

litefoot likes this.
  2. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

Does the Honors introduction lock you into Honors as the only payout option? I was thinking about a more general post on E-rewards, then realised that the Avios introduction locks you into Avios payout (might as well grab 1600 free Avios), with slightly different payout rates than my broad, general e-rewards account that has 20-30 payout options.

litefoot likes this.
  3. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I don't think so. I've already signed up and bagged the free 1250 points, but I still seemingly have the full range of payout options available to me:

[​IMG]
    The obvious caveat to this is I haven't actually tried to actually secure a payout to anyone else, and I probably won't be as I tend to find the effort/reward ratio with eRewards unfavourable.

litefoot and FlyingPiggie like this.
  4. FlyingPiggie

Is that Avios.com payout option (via Honors) capped at 3,500 = 1,000 Avios, or do you get the 6,500 = 2,000 Avios that you get with the Avios.com intro?

litefoot likes this.
  5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

It's capped at 3,500. However, the Iberia option shown above isn't - it offers 3k avios for 8k points. That's the way to go!

6. FlyingPiggie

Thanks. I do have a blog post coming in a few days about E-Rewards. IB+ is indeed the best option but I'm trying to ensure that the various ways of being referred don't end up with a different payout structure, as appears to be the case with an Avios.com referral.

litefoot likes this.
  7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I initially used my Hilton E-Rewards account for Hilton points, then I used Iberia, and now I'm back to Hilton because they've lifted the monthly redeeming restrictions. It's very handy!

FlyingPiggie likes this.