Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
Earlier today, I published a post detailing a series of flights showing potentially excellent summer holiday short haul fares.
We do try and be aspirational on this site and, following a dressing down from the entire Insideflyer team for touting Ryanair flights from Southend (I believe the phrase “scraping the barrel” may have been used at one point), I wanted to follow this up with some genuine long-haul business class bargains.
The same drill applies here: flights are from London and are for the “peak summer” months of July and August. However, given that they are long-haul, I have changed the trip duration to around two weeks. It’s fair to say there are some cheap business class flights out there right now.
A special mention to TAP Portugal here, who have rolled out some genuinely unbeatable premium cabin fares. The downside to these is they include a looooong stopover in Portugal. However, the key to this is simply to use it to your advantage – enjoy a hassle-free day in Porto or Lisbon! You will also see that in some cases for just a few pounds more, you can avoid the stopover.
Finally, I repeat my earlier point that you should follow all legal requirements and guidance. Quite apart from it being common sense to do so, you may be denied travel if you don’t.
- Newark (8-23 July) £927 from Gatwick with TAP (26 hour stopover in Porto)
- Miami (1-17 July) £950 from Gatwick with TAP (33 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Montreal (8-21 July) £1034 from Gatwick with TAP (27 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Washington (5-18 July) £1089 from Gatwick with TAP (16 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Washington (5-18 July) £1100 from Gatwick with TAP (3 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Lima (9-25 July) £1158 from London City with BA/Iberia/LATAM
- Cancun (29 July to 13 August) £1216 from Gatwick with TAP (24 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Cancun (29 July to 13 August) £1223 from Gatwick with TAP (3 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Rio (1-14 July) £1282 from Heathrow with LATAM/Iberia
- Newark (12-25 August) £927 from Gatwick with TAP (25 hour stopover in Porto)
- Chicago (26 August to 9 September) £1011 from Gatwick with TAP (32 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Montreal (26 August to 8 September) £1034 from Gatwick with TAP (32 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Newark (12-25 August) £1082 from Gatwick with TAP (1 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Miami (2-16 August) £1100 from Gatwick with TAP (3 hour stopover in Lisbon)
- Phuket (16-29 August) £1337 from Heathrow with Gulf/Bangkok Airways (28 hour stopover in Bahrain)
- Hong Kong (5-18 August) £1579 from Luton with El Al
- Tokyo (12-25 August) £1600 from Heathrow with Alitalia (11 hours in Milan, 25 hour stopover in Rome – so one for the Italian explorer only!)
- Bangkok (2-15 August) £1688 from Heathrow with Etihad
If you are interested in any of these flights, the best search tool to use is Google Flights. Then click through to the flight shown.
However, one warning – airlines can sometimes be on cashback sites. For example, you can get 1.3% cashback on TAP flights with TopCashback.
Tailor to your requirements…
As we said in the short haul post earlier, this really is just a suggested selection on fairly random dates. The bottom line, however, is there are some seriously cheap business class flights available right now.
(Cover image courtesy of flytap.com)