Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
British Airways Executive Club has partnered up with Cruise118 to offer 3 Avios for every £1 spent on cruises.
“Planning a Cruise? Boost your Avios balance on all major cruise lines through our Cruise118 Partnership. Collect 3 Avios per £1 spent.
Collect Avios on all major cruise lines when booking with our partner Cruise118. Simply visit the dedicated Cruise118 and Executive Club partnership site to book and you will collect 3 Avios per £1 spent.
Book your next luxury adventure today.“
Sounds pretty good, right?
I had a quick glance through the terms though, and a couple of things raised big warning flags:
The Cruise118 Best Price Guarantee WILL NOT apply to Avios Cruise Bookings.”
Intrigued, I clicked through to both versions of the Cruise118 site in order to compare a few cruise prices and this is what I found:
Normal Cruise118 site
British Airways linked Cruise118 site
Note that the two images above show the exact same cruise, but if you click through from British Airways, you’ll pay £30 per person more.
You would earn 2,367 Avios per person on top, but £30 for 2,367 Avios is not a great deal at all. You’d effectively be paying ~1.267p per Avios, when most people value them at 1p or lower
A similar pattern was observable on all the cruise deals I looked at.
As when booking anything travel-related, always spend at least a few minutes shopping around to make sure you really are getting a good deal.
Cruise fares can vary enormously depending on where and when you book, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the same company charging different prices for the same cruise at the same time before!
If you want a good cruise deal, ignore the BA-linked version of Cruise118. Take a look at sites like Vacations To Go instead – it’s very old-fashioned looking, but the deals are sometimes superb.
What’s your favourite way to find cruise bargains?
- Eligible Participants must book their cruise through Cruise118 and dedicated customer service line and be a member of the British Airways Executive Club in order to receive Avios.
- The rates for Cruise bookings via Cruise118 may differ from regular bookings with the same conditions on Cruise118.
- Upon completion of booking, the customer must provide their British Airways Executive Number and corresponding surname.
- The membership ID of the intended beneficiary of the Avios must belong to the individual making the booking.
- Any applicable cancellation or booking policy will apply in full to the Avios booking made.
- Only Avios can be collected, not tier points.
- The collection rate of Avios for Cruise118 bookings is 3 Avios per £1 spend. The Avios award will be based on GBP value.
- Avios will be credited to the intended beneficiary account within 6 weeks of departure date.
- Customers can retrospectively collect Avios after making the booking by contacting email@example.com.
- The Cruise118 Best Price Guarantee WILL NOT apply to Avios Cruise Bookings.
- If customers have any queries regarding missing Avios, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All bookings are subject to Cruise118 Terms and Conditions. Cancelled reservations will not be eligible to earn Avios and amended bookings may result in a change in the Avios collected.
- Avios are issued and redeemed in accordance with the Avios Terms and Conditions. British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
- British Airways reserves the right to remove any Avios points and close any account that we believe has dishonestly obtained or redeemed Avios.