Some links to products and partners on this website will earn an affiliate commission.
The idea behind British Airways Holidays is very simple – book your hotel or car hire at the same time as your flights and it will cost less than booking everything separately – in fact, BA guarantees it:
I’m not sure how much that guarantee is really worth to be honest, but the fact is that booking your trip as a package through British Airways Holidays does seem to usually work out cheaper.
Indeed, adding a hotel or car hire to your booking can sometimes actually end up cheaper than the cost of just the flights alone (!) – strange as that may sound. It’s therefore always worth a quick experiment, adding a 1 night hotel stay or 1 day car hire to your trip to see what it does to the price, particularly if you are travelling in Business (Club) or First Class.
There are a few other good reasons to consider booking as a British Airways Holiday rather than just flights too:
1) You get more cashback:
2) There are frequent additional discounts, including the following if you book by 9th May 2017:
- Save £25 off all road-trips over £750
- Save £50 off all holidays over £1250
- Save £100 off all holidays over £2500 per booking
3) You earn bonus Avios: “2 bonus Avios for every £1 you spend on holidays. That’s on top of the Avios you’ll collect for the flight”.
4) You can pay in installments: “pay as little as £150 per booking for holidays up to £999, and £300 per booking for holidays above £1000. Then pay the balance in as many instalments as you want – you can decide when you make the payments and how much they are. The only thing we ask is that you pay the full balance at least 5 weeks before you travel”. For expensive bookings in particular, not having to tie your money up many months in advance can be useful.
Let’s look at a quick example to show the sorts of savings that can be made:
Yesterday, I posted about the current BA sale and highlighted Business Class (Club World) fares to Abu Dhabi starting at £1,291 per person.
Book the same flights as a package including 7 nights at the (very decent) Aloft Abu Dhabi and, remarkably, you pay less – just £1,277 per person!
By booking as a British Airways holiday package, you pay £28 less (in total), get £20 more cashback than you otherwise would, earn 5,100 bonus Avios – and get 7 nights at a good hotel for free!
It’s always worth pricing things up quickly on British Airways Holidays as you can sometimes save a bundle!