What are your travel plans for 2017?

Discussion in 'The Social Club — general chats, meet ups & more' started by Lionell, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Lionell

Lionell Member Staff Member

Has anyone already made plans for 2017? Any trips planned? I have a whole bunch of upcoming Hilton stays in Europe as I'm currently doing the Hilton Diamond challenge. Besides that, I have a 3 week trip planned to Sri Lanka in May.

I'll be flying there on QR first class, hike around with my backpack through the inlands and return back to Europe on Etihad first class from Mumbai. Looking forward to that trip as I've never been there before.

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Awesome trip Lionell!

I'm off to the US in a few weeks with an old friend - Iberia Biz from Madrid to Chicago, then a bit of a whistlestop tour (Chicago, Washington, Boston New York) for about 9 days. Haven't booked anything back yet, and might visit anther couple of places by myself. In particular, maybe Texas because I'm oddly fascinated, have never been and could then fly SQ biz back direct to Manchester!

litefoot and Lionell like this.
  3. britabroad

britabroad New Member

That does sound great. I'm planning a reward flight to the Caribbean via the BA 241 (hopefully in First, maybe Business depending on availability), then a cruise round the islands.

litefoot and Lionell like this.
  4. Lionell

Sounds like a good trip! Any island you are really looking forward to visit?

litefoot likes this.
  5. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

Just waiting to hear when and if Hyatt will be running a bonus points promotion this winter. Then I will choose somewhere warm and exotic for a week or two and upgrade myself to a suite while I'm at it. :)

Also need to squeeze in a trip to spend the rest of my HHonors points before I drop from Diamond on 31 March. A nice Conrad in Asia would certainly do the trick...

Lionell and JoeD like this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Sounds great - don't suppose any of you have some tips for a quick trip to Madrid?

7. Lionell

I have booked some more trips in the meantime. After my trip to Sri Lanka, I'll head to Tokyo for a weekend in July. Flying QR business class on the A350, I was able to book a very cheap ticket during the Travel Festival promotion.

Later in the year in October, I'll be heading to Bali, also in QR biz class. In November I'm doing the Tallinn tier point run twice. This will qualify me for BA Gold :)

8. tiribam

tiribam New Member

Hi all, l'm planning on a long trip in Latin America for 2019 and wondering if someone can share some info/tips
    Thanks!

9. Adisa

Adisa New Member

Columbia is on my bucket list for sure. :)

10. iamno19

iamno19 New Member

I will go to Istanbul :)

11. rubles001

rubles001 New Member

The Philippines is one of my lists, I like the beaches there...

12. cinereus

cinereus Member

How long? >6 months? Where are you starting?

Assume you mean Colombia?

As for me, I will do about three months in Argentina I think.

13. Johnrok

Johnrok New Member

Porto is on my bucket list for sure.