Weekend Indian break from Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Gagravarr, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

In October / November, I've been lucky enough to get another 2 week trip to Bangalore (booked a few days before work cut back on travel for the year...). I've got a weekend free in the middle, and I'm pondering where to go.

I think I've probably now seen most things "tourity" in Bangalore, and I've also been out to Mysore to visit the palace and temples there. Last year I headed down to Goa (without properly checking the weather for that time of year...), and this spring I got to pop up to Hyderabad for a lovely fun weekend.

The other half has said she wants to visit the Taj Mahal, but can't make this trip, and I figure probably best not to go see it without her!

That leaves me wondering - where else in India should I try to head to for a quick weekend break from Bangalore?

2. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

Personally, I would expect to be spending the middle weekend of a two week trip to India not far from a toilet! :eek::p

3. LottieTiger

LottieTiger New Member

Kerala is good that time of year. Kochi or a weekend on a houseboat maybe?

4. Barry1984

Barry1984 Member

I was in the same position a couple of years ago on a work trip to Bangalore.

Ended up flying to New Delhi (~2.5 hour flight) and taking a private land tour to Agra for the Taj Mahal, but there's plenty in Delhi to keep you occupied for a weekend. You can also scout out potential things to do when you take your wife!

I definitely recommend getting out of Bangalore though - not exactly a tourist hotspot...

5. vmanznsb

vmanznsb New Member

How about a nice relaxing weekend on the beach in Goa? Would probably choose a place in South Goa (the North is more party-central).

6. gurmani

gurmani New Member

Goa beaches so appealing and what a place worth seeing on north of india.

7. gurmani

gurmani New Member

Kerala is one of the best in South of the country. what a culture and natural beauty they have out there in Kerala

8. gurmani

gurmani New Member

you are right there is lot to see in Delhi but you should not miss Taj Mahal in your tour. Its one of best you would see in your life

9. Adisa

Adisa New Member

Great tips, thank you!