Virgin Atlantic / Air France - Miles Redemption

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by Flyer787, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any information or thoughts on this.

Air France / KLM have now merged with Virgin Atlantic. There is now the ability to earn Virgin Atlantic miles on these airlines. This is reflected on the Virgin Atlantic's partner page. However, it does not yet show any option to redeem Virgin Miles with these airlines.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether this will happen at some point and if Air France Le Premier class will be a possibility?

I'm most eager to try Le Premier class it there's only 4 seats in the cabin. It would also be interesting to see how the food compares as I believe the French are suppose to be the masters of Fine Dining and Michelin star restaurants.

Thanks!

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Good question - redemptions on AF/KLM will definitely be possible at some point (i'm not sure about the timeline), but Air France is very, very keen to keep La Premiere 'exclusive', so I don't see that being an option.

At the moment, they release no Premiere availability to partner airlines and you even need to have elite status with Flying Blue to book it: https://onemileatatime.com/redeem-miles-for-air-france-first-class/

I suppose it's possible that it might be available for Virgin elites, but I'm not sure I'd bet on it.

3. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

That's really useful info. Many thanks!

I'll keep an eye on the Virgin Flying club to see if it throws up any surprises if and when they release redemption info.

As a more costly work around do Air France offer 2 4 1 sales? Or is it possible to use money and miles to make it more accessible?

Any info would be gratefully received as I'd like to try this product on my next trip.

4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

It's an incredible looking product, but I think the only realistic way to do it (for now at least) is to search for a (relatively!) good fare. Best options (for a flight long enough to really enjoy it) will likely be from places like Lisbon/Milan/etc to Asia/West Coast USA. I imagine you'll still usually be looking at something like £4k+ for a return though....

5. Flyer787

Flyer787 Member

I was hoping a 2 4 1 sale may be possible. I've seen a few of them with Lufthansa and Swiss Air First Class. But I've got a feeling Air France won't play that game.

6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Never say never, but AF's strategy for Premiere seems to be to keep it exclusive, so I'd be a bit surprised to see that sort of promotion.