Van Hire Miles

Discussion in 'Free/no additional spend miles & points' started by GnarlyOldGoatDude, Apr 6, 2017.

1. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

Ok so....
    ...I'm moving house. Or rather, I'm moving out of a house but not into another one yet.
    We all know that you can earn frequent flier miles when you hire a car, but I don't think the same applies to self-drive vans.

Does anyone have any tips for earning miles with a different kind of Transit?

Of course I understand that it will not be worth paying more to get a trickle of extra miles. It might be more cost effective to go a local company and try to use my Platinum Amex.

Any other moving tips?

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

My top tip is to be out of the country or otherwise unavailable when the move is happening. I've accidentally managed it a couple of times, and it really does take the stress out it (for you anyway!).

GnarlyOldGoatDude likes this.
  3. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

As someone who has moved house nearly 30 times, I should be getting good at it by now. But being out of the country....that's a new one.

My wife tried to avoid our wedding by taking business calls in the middle of the ceremony, but at least we were in the same place for the transaction.

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha! - that's amazing. I'd say you could definitely justify slinking off on a 'sadly unavoidable' business trip.