Using MVP fast track to gold, alongside status match

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by FlyingScot, Oct 27, 2019.

1. FlyingScot

FlyingScot Member

2. CraigS

CraigS Member

I would wait until you are clear of your status match before trying the fast track. You will either be rejected for the fast track or will make a complete mess of your account...

I would point out that instead of just meeting the status match requirements in early 2020 and then using the MVP fast track in 2022/2023 to keep Gold until mid-decade, you will have burned through your Hilton short cuts very quickly...

3. FlyingScot

FlyingScot Member

Thanks. Good point about burning through my short cuts quickly. I signed up for the status match (which ends early December) shortly before I had to cancel some stays due to illness :( To meet the 9 night status match requirement, I'd have to get about 5 nights of extra stay in just over a month - which for the cheaper places in e.g. Aberdeen would cost a couple of hundred. Open to ideas if I'm missing something, though!

If the MVP fast track and match combined will likely mess up my account, I will wait till a later date - thanks! It was just tempting to qualify for the MVP while enjoying gold benefits from the match :)

4. CraigS

CraigS Member

You can use points for your status match nights although there aren't really many super cheap UK hotels on points anyhow.

I also tend to stay at Hamptons when status-less and doing a challenge to get it back. With free breakfast and no real upgrades (and typically cheaper) it's far less painful...

5. Danish

Danish New Member

learning is good, than you so mch