Upgrading from Blue to Prem Plus

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Djr2000, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Djr2000

Djr2000 New Member

After recently looking into the Ba Amex cards and offers, my partner just upgraded us from Blue to Prem Plus, as have been spending well over £20k a year (i have the supplementary card)

She upgraded to Prem plus and almost to the day of upgrading we received the companion voucher, how ever it was only for 1 year and not the 2 which is with prem plus - possible coincidence as end of year for Blue would have had been September.

How ever, the scary concern is that the emailed voucher said that we could start earning towards our next voucher FROM JULY 4TH 2020

We called Amex over the wk end but teh girl on the other end really had no clue.

We upgraded to get 2yr 241 voucher and doing so, it appears now that we cant even collect points for the next one for a year !

Seems rather odd?????

Also does anyone know if by having a supp card, does that card also get teh 241 vouchers too, ie as we have 2 cards each spending the required amount should they both not get vouchers ?

2. Lena

Lena New Member

Sorry I cant help you

3. hasyth

hasyth New Member

You only get 241 voucher for main card holder. If you want two vouchers you need to apply for a card separately.

4. Djr2000

Djr2000 New Member

Thanks for that, regarding the 241, i had read on other pages that others have collected 2x 241 voucher because the supp card, but have not seen it written anywhere.

More annoyingly is why have BA said that cant collect any points until July 2020 for another voucher..... thats a whole year of not being able to collect points!

5. hasyth

hasyth New Member

As I understand this you have one year to spend 10k to ge tthe voucher.
    Once you have spent the required 10k. additional spending doesnt count for this year anymore.