Travel pillow recommendations

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Strategies' started by Copywriter_Ben, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Copywriter_Ben

Copywriter_Ben New Member

Travelling London -> NYC and back next month. Sadly I don't have enough miles to upgrade my flight so I'm travelling at the back of the plane.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for travel pillows? There seems to be loads of different designs to choose from but I'd like to get some first hand experiences rather than rely on the manufacturers' own product descriptions if possible.

Thanks!

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, not something I've ever purchased (not because I don't fly Economy to the US - I think it's actually the best way to/from East Coast! Biz/First is generally a lot of miles/cash for what ends up being maybe 2 hours of actual sleep).

Hopefully someone else can offer more specific advice on the pillow, but I think I'd probably opt for whatever is cheap but still has good reviews as a starting point - you'll probably find it#s fine and don't need to spend more.

3. Copywriter_Ben

Copywriter_Ben New Member

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Nice - yeah I usually end up leaning forward on my arms (and then not being able to feel my hands for about 30 mins after!), so should probably invest in that second one myself....

5. Ajr

Ajr New Member

I won't lie, I would feel a bit embarrassed bringing that onto my seat. But who cares, at the end of the day, the comfort is worth it.

JoeD likes this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha, I reckon any embarrassment probably fades completely by about the 3rd hour of a red eye in Economy. I'd happily look a lot sillier for comfort!

7. Zeeshan

Zeeshan New Member

Was stuck on a 12-hour coach ride once, would've loved a travel pillow!

8. Joyalmak

Joyalmak New Member

Get simple check up of your health before travel destination and carry less luggage with small pillow.

9. Joyalmak

Joyalmak New Member

This is wronggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

10. Joyalmak

Joyalmak New Member

A travel pillow is a great piece of equipment to keep your head and neck comfortable while traveling. If you are not accustomed to sleeping on planes, trains, buses, etc., then a travel pillow can help ease those discomforts. A good travel pillow should provide firm support that keeps the body evenly distributed throughout its length and width. In addition, the materials used in pillows should have some kind of memory or bounce back to their original shape once they become compressed. Most pillows are filled with polyester fiberfill, cotton, foam, wool, or other natural fibers. However, if you are allergic to any of these fillings, you may want to consider using down or feather instead.