Today only - £27 for getting the Hilton HHonors UK credit card!

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by Gagravarr, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

The ever-incompetant Barclaycard have a great offer on Topcashback today (only?) - £27.27 for taking out their Hilton HHonors credit card!

In addition to the cashback, after spending £750 in 3 months, you'll also get a free night at any Hilton hotel anywhere in the world. Oh, and HHonors Silver status (meh...), and 2500 points on your next 4 stays (not bad)

What's more, because it's with Barclaycard, there's a very good chance that they'll give you the wrong number of points. While normally a bad thing, all you need to do is complain forcefully about their uselessness, and they'll credit you with some non-trivial amounts of customer goodwill cash to make up for their utterly broken IT systems.

So, not only will you get £27 in cashback, and a free night at any hotel after some spend (they have lovely ones in Europe), but you could also potentially get the same again in statement credits when Barclaycard inevitably repeatedly give you the wrong number of HHonors points....

tommyl likes this.
  2. Ian

Ian Active Member

I signed up just before Christmas and got £27.27 cashback, which is, surprisingly, payable already. It's been a while since I've had a Barclaycard product, so let's see if their service is as bad as you suspect it will be. I'm all up for complaining if they make a mess of it.

3. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Just take a look on FlyerTalk at the thread for their IHG card, if you want to know how bad they can be. I don't think I've had a single month with the right number of points on my IHG card, frequently too few, often many too few, and sometimes just a handful more! They seem to have decided it's cheaper to chuck fair amounts of money at anyone who notices and complains properly, rather than fix their clearly badly broken systems.

(They've refunded me more than double the annual fee so far this year, and based on the FlyerTalk thread I clearly haven't complained hard enough....)

4. Ian

Ian Active Member

Just reporting back on this and the accuracy of points awarded;
    2,500 points / night intro offer - Had to chase these up as they didn't post initially
    3 points / £ at Hilton brands - Always fails to recognise "Doubletree by Hilton" as a Hilton brand, so I have to chase up the extra points each month

So far I have received no additional compensation (points or pounds) for these errors, but then the card is free!