TCB no longer offer Hilton cashback

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by litefoot, May 2, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/hilton_hotels/

Hopefully this will return at some point.

Does anyone know of a way of getting a Hilton discount?

I looked into their Price Match guarantee because I saw a cheaper rate elsewhere, but I'm not opimistic based on the Flyertalk thread.

I can get a dead cheap B and B at Gatwick for less than half the price of the Hampton by Hilton Croydon!

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Hi Litefoot,

I imagine it will be back at some point. In the meantime Quidco are still offering 6%-if you don't already have an account use my link http://www.quidco.com/user/2761563/2194631/ and I get a couple of quid.

I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to Hilton's best rate guarantee, but have used it successfully a few times (most recently I booked the hampton on broad street in birmingham for about £10.00) so it might be worth trying. PM me the details if you like and I'll take a look.

litefoot likes this.
  3. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

The IHG best rate guarantee used to be really good, but these days it's pretty much impossible to get them to honour even if you do jump through all the hoops, many of which seem at first glance only to exist to stop a valid claim...

Hilton used to have a moderately annoying best rate program, and I'd say it has stayed about the same. You need to read the rules carefully, you need to be aware that some situations won't match even if it feels it ought to (eg anything where one rate has breakfast and the other doesn't likely will never match), but they won't do an IHG and sit on a valid claim for 3-4 days before rejecting it once the competing site increases their rate

That said, between the Hilton MVP rate and the HHonors discount that most hotels now seem to offer, it's been a while since I've actually found a Hilton hotel cheaper on another site

litefoot likes this.
  4. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Thanks, PM'd.

The £65 rate for the Hampton Croydon I am looking at is the 'HHonors Discount Advance Purchase' price which you need to be an HHonors member for, and is therefore not public, so wouldn't be valid for a price match claim.

5. Ian

Ian Active Member

Gone from quidco, too. Not that any of that matters as you can't login to your Hhonors account. That's been off for a while; anyone know what's going on?

litefoot likes this.
  6. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Quidco gone too? Hilton must have heard Adam and I coming with our Hilton Gold status plans. Darn!

As regards the HHonors accounts, the Log In button reappeared briefly the other day but has now gone again.

Try bookmarking this page when you visit the Hilton site:

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm

7. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

I was at the Croydon Hampton on Monday night. Quite enjoyed it. Less hassle than the IHG properties that I normally use at Gatwick. Paid £60.86.
    I can't see any evidence that I used my public sector discount code....these don't normally work against hamptons in my experience. It looks like a pre-paid advanced rate with a standard HHonors discount.

litefoot likes this.
  8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I did try the Public Sector site but it's actually more expensive than the normal Hilton site!. £76 as opposed to £65.

9. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

You can still earn an exciting 2 miles per USD at the AAdvantage Shopping site.

litefoot likes this.
  10. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Hilton appears to have now vanished from Quidco too :eek:

As things stand, GOAD's 2 AA miles per USD seems to be the best (only?) option for a further kick-back:
    [​IMG]

litefoot likes this.
  11. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Virgin Shopaway offer six HHonors points for every pound spent.

12. tommyl

6 Virgin FC Miles, yes. That's a good shout.

Anything else we can think of? I'm thinking of doing a post on how to get rebates on your Hilton spend now that cashback seems to have disappeared.

So far we have 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 or 6 Virgin FC miles per £1.

litefoot likes this.
  13. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Sorry, yes, Virgin miles :)

Your Virgin FC miles would receive a further boost if you had Virgin selected and Points and Miles selected in your Hilton account.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/flying-club-partners/hotels/hilton-worldwide.html

14. tommyl

Noted, and it seems Virgin are offering 2 miles per USD rather than the typical 1.

That said, I am a big Hilton "Points and Points" man, I like my 5 bonus Hilton points rather than the air miles alternative.