Taxi "spammers"?

Discussion in 'Questions, Announcements & Ideas' started by Gagravarr, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Has anyone else noticed a sudden batch of new accounts signing up and posting very self-promotional stuff about their taxi firms, especially for airport transfers?

I'm assuming we don't really want that sort of thing, but they seem to keep posting no matter how many times I hit the Report button on them. Unless it's me that's wrong, and they're actually fine and I shouldn't be reporting them?

litefoot and JoeD like this.
  2. Ian

Ian Active Member

I agree, either buy some advertising or bugger off!

litefoot, Gagravarr and JoeD like this.
  3. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Thanks for flagging - I've been subject to some horrible internet connections while travelling (including now...) hence my slight negligence on the moderation front. I think the problem is now largely taken care of but will fully vet when I'm properly online.

litefoot likes this.
  4. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Thanks Tom!

Also, I'm sure that if you tell us where you're off to next, we can try to help you work out some better internet options :)

litefoot likes this.
  5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

There aren't many forums that are invulnerable to spammers. Part and parcel of forum life :)

Regarding slow internet, I was sitting in Tiree airport on Sunday - a remote island off the west coast of Scotland - and the wifi speed was superb. So why is it that when I'm sat in Heathrow, the gateway to the UK and beyond, it goes at a snail's pace? Get with the program, Heathrow!
    The biggest airport in the UK should have wifi good enough to cope with high volumes of passengers.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  6. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

In T5, I often end up on the Heathrow wifi with my Boingo credentials, or tethering my phone. The BA lounge wifi in T5 is normally too slow. I think it's a T5 thing - T3 is normally fine!

My travel tips are: get free Boingo if you can with your Amex, and get a 3 PAYG sim for the 1p/mb data when roaming in quite a lot of countries you might go to

7. Ian

Ian Active Member

I thought you had to buy a 3 bundle to get the cheap roaming. I've done that before, well worthwhile, especially for the US.

8. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Ian likes this.
  9. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

A waggish type might be minded to say that you're "helping out" by almost imitating one of them... ;-)

10. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

This.