Hi, It's the last day to transfer Starpoints to Alaska Mileage Plan at an enhanced rate (via Virgin America Elevate), and I can't quite make up my mind about the best way to play it, so any thoughts greatly appreciated! I can transfer a chunk of Starpoints across to Virgin today so that I would end up with 70,000 Alaska Miles in my account (which is what you need for some of the awesome First Class one-way stopover awards, and is plenty for Biz Class to Hong Kong/USA etc if that's what I decide to use them for instead. Given the Points I already have in my Elevate account, I'd need 66,425 more Alaska Miles in total. That's a smidge over 41,000 Starpoints.in total say say 42,000 to be safe. The effective transfer rate from SPG to Alaska is therefore ~ 1 to 1.6 That's an incredible deal, and I'm seriously tempted. It also leaves me with enough Starpoints to transfer to other airlines, book some nice hotels etc as and when I want to.. BUT - if I instead put all my Marriott and Starpoints together, I could have just about enough for a Marriott flights and hotel package. 90,000 Starpoints would get me 120,000 Alaska Miles (or Avios, Air Canada, Delta etc, or 132,000 United Miles!) + a 7 night stay at any Category 1-5 Marriott. Just taking into account the Miles, the effective transfer rate to Alaska in the above example is 1 Starpoint = 1.334 Miles, or 1.46 United Miles (which I also value very highly, though not quite as much as Alaska Miles). In other words, if I transferred the same 90,000 Starpoints to Alaska today via Virgin (you can't do that much in a day and I wouldn't want to anyway, but theoretically) I would end up with 143,000 Alaska Miles, so the flights and hotel package is essentially exchanging 23,000 Alaska Miles (say 20,000 Starpoints) for a 7 night Category 1-5 Marriott stay. That would seem like a great deal, as a week at a Category 1-5, is, in theory, worth up to 175,000 Marriott Points (~58,300 Starpoints). I don't normally stay in one place for a week though, and there aren't that many nice Category 1-5s these days. I'd personally probably get about half the theoretical 'value' in reality, which makes the 2 ideas pretty much even - hence my current confoundment! The other advantage of flights+ hotel package is that I wouldn't be committed to any particular airline programme at this point, but could wait to see what I need. On the other hand, Alaska is almost definitely what I'd transfer to anyway and I would be totally committed - as in I'd have used pretty much all my Points, whenever I did make the transfer. Nice 'problem' to have for sure(!!!) - but wondered what you guys would do? I can argue it both ways but need to make a decision soon, so any thoughts very much appreciated!