SPG Design Hotels competion - enter daily until 18th December!

Discussion in 'Starwood Preferred Guest' started by Gagravarr, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

SPG have launched a new competition relating to the bringing of Design Hotels into the SPG fold. You can enter once a day until the 18th of December.

You can enter by visiting https://www.spgpromos.com/designhotels/ each day, and doing a quick little "rearrange the pieces" puzzle to give the picture of a different Design Hotel. Normally takes under a minute. You might win instantly some SPG points or a stay, and if not you're entered into a draw for the end for free nights or SPG points

(Also much less faff to enter than the current Top Cashback "Sweet Treats" daily promo!)

SeanD likes this.
  2. SeanD

SeanD New Member

Not having any luck with the instant win of SPG points on this one, surely all gearing up to me winning the grand prize!

3. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Well I just bagged 1000 points...

[​IMG]

Gagravarr likes this.
  4. tommyl

Every morning, a grown up, (supposedly) responsible man completes a slidey puzzle in a pitiful bid for some free points. Interesting what this miles and points lark leads you to at times. Still only bagged the 1,000.

5. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

1k points is better than me! All I've got is a desire to visit about half of the hotels shown, which I suspect is much of the point of the contest ;)

6. tommyl

Well I don't mean to gloat, but I also won 10p this morning in the Topcashback "Christmas Treats" contest, so I am on a serious roll at the moment.

JoeD likes this.
  7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, I absolutely do mean to brag: between myself and immediate family we bagged 1x5k points, 1x10k points, 2x1k points, a 1x Category 1-5 certificate! Total = 17k SPG points and a Cat 1-5 certificate (worth 12-16k if used properly), and all the points can be transferred to my account because SPG are cool like that.

To balance out my smugness, I don't think I've ever won anything from any competition (including the Inside Flyer advent calendar!) before!

tommyl and Gagravarr like this.
  8. tommyl

That's a remarkable haul - was there any "gamesmanship" involved or was it all totally legit?

9. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha, totally legit - 5 people, 5 accounts, 5 wins. We did play every day though, and I did notice that although in the rules SPG claimed to have a number of prizes per day seeded at "random" times, all our wins seemed to happen between bang on the hour and 1 minute past the hour. So perhaps they weren't at genuinely random times but spread out at 00, 15, 30, 45 past each hour or something?