So Ryanair charge for cabin baggage now...

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Strategies' started by litefoot, Aug 24, 2018.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45289432

So what they're saying is, that if your little suitcase doesn't fit under the seat, you will pay a £6 charge to put it in the overhead bin.

And if the stewards say it has to go into the hold, you pay £10.

This is supposedly because the current process causes delays - but Ryanair already have a great record in that department. Far better than other airlines like BA.

I use Ryanair to get to Dublin, but I might have to switch to Aer Lingus for those little hops as I'm getting tired of Ryanair's policy changes.

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

It's getting difficult to keep up! I think I find the policy changes more annoying than any of the actual policies in themselves.....

litefoot likes this.
  3. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Also worth noting that none of those cabin baggage suitcases wil fit under the seat in front. They're too big for such a narrow gap.

So that effectively makes a nonsense of all those suitcases produced specifically to fit within airline baggage dimensions, so that customers can reduce the fees they pay.

JoeD likes this.
  4. Darren0291

Darren0291 Member

With all the extra costs involved with going on ryanair, you're better off using BA or easyjet - plus saves a lot of hassle

5. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Upshot seems to be that if you pay the £6 for Priority you can still bring a 10kg bag onboard - same as now. Given Ryanair prices and the convenience for me from Leeds/Manchester, I'll still fly them a lot, but it's definitely a confusing, negative (and likely infuriating on day of travel) change for many passengers.

6. cathyb84

cathyb84 New Member

Even if you pay the £6 (which presumably many more now will) there's no guarantee of getting your bag in the overhead locker.

JoeD likes this.
  7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Fair - particularly as only 30% can book Priority.

Personally though, I hate waiting for bags so much I'd probably pay £6 just to keep it out the hold, even if that meant under the seat in front!