Raffles, Fairmont and Swisshotels join Accor

Discussion in 'Other frequent traveller programmes' started by litefoot, Jul 13, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

So Raffles, Fairmont and Swisshotels have joined Le Club Accor. Apparently this will include The Savoy in London amongst others such as Raffles Singapore, Fairmont San Francisco, New York’s The Plaza, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Quebec City, and Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Just wondered what InsideFlyerUK's take is on this. Will these hotels soon be available for bargain prices in Happy Monday sales? :)

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha, oh I wish! - if they start sticking the Sofitel St James up for £60 first, I'll start getting excited.

I did consider running a post on it, but to be honest there just isn't really a great deal to say yet. I doubt there will be much (any?) loyalty scheme integration for at least a year (and Accor's IT is so bad, it could be much longer!).

On the upside though, obviously there's some fantastic properties there, and Accor being Accor I'll prob still have my free Platinum status in 2038 or whenever things actually get sorted!

3. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

I love the way that periodically I get 20,000 random points added to my "Le Club" accounts only for them to be removed within a few minutes.
    I haven't made a stay for about 15 years.

4. Adam

Adam Active Member

Same here?

5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

20k points?! Shame you can't move them out instantly like Avios!

6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Nice, I've never noticed it on mine but will keep and eye out. Have you ever tried to use them?

A similar thing used to happen with my Melia hotels account - prob still does but i haven't logged in for a while.

Serious question - does anyone have any ideas why IT in the travel industry often so weird/bad? I would have thought that getting all that stuff right would be hugely important these days, particularly with the focus they put on encouraging booking direct. It's confused me for years, and doesn't seem to be getting better!

7. Adam

Adam Active Member

One morning recently i checked my award wallet to find 20k points been added. In less than 10 mins, the 20k had been removed?
    Im sure if you tried a transfer it would get cancelled.

8. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

My all time favourite is Alitalia. I recently status matched from BA Silver. When I received my MilleMiglia number, I logged in to find that I already had a few thousand miles, a trip booked from Rome to New York and that my name was Alfonso. I was clearly given access to someone else's account. By the next day everything was fine.
    I've also been given a key to someone else's hotel room....

litefoot and JoeD like this.
  9. HeatherKTabron

HeatherKTabron New Member