Questions regards Qantas, Emirates and Air Canada

Discussion in 'Questions, Announcements & Ideas' started by Mart1, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Mart1

Mart1 New Member

Qantas Question
    I'm flying to Dubai next week on QF from London and returning in a couple of weeks. Never flown with guys before so I've signed up to Qantas points.
    I'm also a blue Emirates Skywards member.
    My question is can I transfer my points to Emirates as I don't see myself travelling with Qantas in the future.
    I've just recently joined the BA Avios scheme, could I transfer QF over to Avios?

Air Canada Question.
    My mother in law is also travelling LHR - YYC next week but is not registered for points.
    Would it be worth while signing her up and if so can the points be transfered to BA or Emirates?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Hi Mart - welcome to Insideflyer!

It's not usually possible to transfer Miles from one programme to another, so no.

What you can do instead though is credit the Miles earned for the flights to one of the airlines's partners. Qantas partner with Emirates so all you need to do is add your Emirates account number as your chosen frequent flyer scheme in your booking (or just ring and get them to do it). You can also credit Qantas flights to other partners like BA or AA or Alaska etc if you prefer.

The amount of Miles you will earn can vary depending on which airline you credit to and what fare class your ticket is etc, so it's worth taking the time and using the online mileage calculators that most of the airlines have to see what you would end up with.

With Air Canada you can only credit to Star Alliance partners (as far as I know), which gives you 27 options, but not BA or Emirates unfortunately! https://www.aircanada.com/en/about/acfamily/staralliance/