New to Amex

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by smo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. smo

smo New Member

Hi All,

If anyone is new to amex then give this ago to get the Amex Preferred Reward Gold Card. I joined Amex this year and am loving this from the time I got it. The reason I went for it was:
    1) persuasion by am avid Avios points collector who sold the benefits of amex
    2) the gold card is brilliant as you pay nothing to have the card for the first year and can easily make 22,000 if you use the referral link and additional 3000 points if you get an add on card. That's will easily get you £125 worth of credit on Amazon.
    3) I would want to graduate to BA card but didnt feel I was ready. Trust me this is a no brainer and I would encourage you all to try if you are new to the world of Amex. Let me know if you want to find out more about how I can refer you.

A well wisher!

2. TTGLOBE4L

TTGLOBE4L Member

If you do decide to go BA you will need to be careful as AMEX have just changed the rules so that you do not qualify for a sign up bonus if you have held any other AMEX card in the last 24 months. I wrote about it here if you are interested but easy to get caught out as the small print isn’t even in the same section as the bit which talks about the sign up bonus

https://traveltheglobe4less.boardingarea.com/uk-travel-hacking/

JoeD likes this.
  3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Excellent point - although, you can still mitigate the impact to a certain extent, thankfully: https://insideflyer.co.uk/2019/03/amex-sign-bonuses-may-not-quite-dead-think/

4. capo1211

capo1211 New Member

I decided the cashback card was the best option.

5. WorldTravellerUK

WorldTravellerUK New Member

In my opinion, BAPP and The Platinum card are currently the best options in the market