Long awaited IHG free night at an Intercontinental

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by johnbrowell, Oct 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. johnbrowell

johnbrowell Active Member

Ahead of the impending closure of my IHG Premium Credit Card by the petulant people at Creation, I managed to finally bag an Intercontinental stay, when I need a place in London for a gig. Cash rate shows as £442 so the free night is my best ever value with one of their certificates.

When you add in the bargain LNER 1st class return tickets I booked for £46 then it's definitely the best value trip I've ever booked. Taking advantage of a 50% off link for Leeds United members.

Going with my best mate, so my wife misses out, but we have one last free night certificate to use in the next 11 months, so I need to try and do the same with that one.

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Very nice John! The Creation situation is bizarre - I'll miss the free night certificates, but on the plus side we won't have to deal with Creation anymore, so you could argue we're actually benefiting by them cancelling the cards! ;)

I used my last certificate at the kimpton fitzroy, which was great. (I also bagged a LNER First Class bargain too!)

johnbrowell likes this.
  3. johnbrowell

johnbrowell Active Member

I have one certificate left to use by July 2022; I might check to see if the Kimpton is an option; thanks for the recommendation. Not stayed in any Kimpton's so far.