London Do November 3rd-5th 2017 (sponsored by AMEX)

Discussion in 'The Social Club — general chats, meet ups & more' started by price123, Oct 6, 2017.

1. price123

price123 New Member

We were surprised and delighted to be advised by American Express that they are willing to continue support of the London Do for the 6th year running. This year, the host hotel will be the Andaz Liverpool Street and, whilst there is a discounted group code available, you are also welcome to attend the event if staying on points or a different rate. Those who live locally are also welcome to attend parts of the event without staying in the hotel.

The Saturday night dinner (the part sponsored by AMEX) will once again raise money for HUSK Cambodia. Our target is $6400 - enough to build four new houses for families living on less than $40/month. Hopefully we can match last year's success and raise in excess of this.

If you would like to attend, please contact me for registration details

Itinerary

Friday 3rd November
    16:00 American Express focus group
    18:30 Welcome reception, hosted by the Andaz (complimentary for those paying the group rate on Friday night)
    19:30 Dinner at Miyako (Japanese restaurant in the Andaz - standard menu pricing)

Saturday 4th November
    11:00 Room Escape game (£30pp)
    14:30 Street Art walking tour (£20pp)
    19:00 Reception and 3 course dinner in the Temple, sponsored by American Express
    21:00 Charity auction

Sunday 5th November
    Breakfast and depart at leisure

Booking
    • The group rate is £199/£214 (single/double) per night including VAT and breakfast and is available for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.
    • 1000 bonus points will be awarded for each night paid on the group rate
    • Booking code is G-VLIJ (input under group code on Hyatt.com). If you would like to book a suite or stay for additional nights please email the hotel to book.

JoeD likes this.
  2. price123

price123 New Member

Charity auction items
    • Hyatt Globalist status, valid until February 2019, courtesy of World of Hyatt. If you have already earned Globalist status to 2019 at the time of the Do, this will be extended of February 2020
    • 60,000 WOH points, courtesy of World of Hyatt
    • 3 nights in the BARAI, including all standard BARAI benefits such as daily massage, at the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin
    • 3 nights in a Premier Suite including Club access at the Grand Hyatt Taipei
    • 2 nights including breakfast at Park Hyatt Zurich
    • 2 nights including breakfast at Park Hyatt Vienna
    • 2 nights including breakfast at Excelsior Hotel Gallia, Milan
    • 2 nights in a Regency Club room at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
    • 2 nights including breakfast at Grand Hyatt Cannes
    • 2 nights including breakfast at Andaz Singapore
    Menu for Saturday night
    Starters

Yellow fin tuna, bloody mary jelly, avocado creme fraiche, black radish & lime dressing
    Green tea smoked duck, figs, pomegranate & syrup, baby watercress salad
    Rosary goats cheese panna cotta, plum tomato marmalade, dehydrated black olive, basil cake & syrup

Mains
    Fillet of beef, Dauphinoise potato, Jerusalem artichoke puree, wilted chard, purple baby carrot, truffle jus
    Halibut, noisette celeriac & rosti, cox apple & lemon grass puree, sea purslane, prone shrimp sauce
    Wild mushroom & chestnut pitivier, slow cooked king oyster mushroom, heirloom carrot, puy lentil vinaigrette

Desserts
    Chocolate, stout & barley: moist chocolate cake, stout chocolate cream, pearl barley crisp, brown butter ice cream
    Chestnut, apple & vanilla: chestnut mont blanc tart, cox apple puree, vanilla ice cream
    Hazelnut parfait & orange: crunchy hazelnut parfait, segments of orange, blood orange gel

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great event! I'll see if I can make it this year.

4. price123

price123 New Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed. We are capacity-controlled so I recommend registering early if you plan to come.

JoeD likes this.