IHG premium card worth the fee

Discussion in 'Miles & points via credit cards' started by FlyingScot, Feb 7, 2020.

1. FlyingScot

FlyingScot Member

I'm thinking of signing up for this card. For the £99 fee i'd get 20k points sign up bonus and probably earn another 7-8k miles on top of what I'd earn with the non-premium card. Seems fairly marginal if this is worth doing - but maybe worthwhile for the platinum IHG status that comes with the card?

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

If you can spend £10k on the card each year, I'd say it's definitely worth it for the free night certificate. Platinum status is useful for things like late check out and a free drink (and can be used to status match to other programmes), but isn't a big deal.

The free version of the card is also currently offering a 20k points sign up bonus though, so that might be something to consider too.

3. FlyingScot

FlyingScot Member

Thanks. I've already got the free version of the card - so had that bonus already...

£10k is possibly doable, but I may not hit it - my big expenses at the moment are for work on a house, and lots of people don't accept card :( Worth doing if I don't spend the £10k, or not such a good deal?

4. Weeclaire86

Weeclaire86 New Member

Thanks for advice