IHG IT glitch - check your status!

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by Gagravarr, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Last year, thanks to a mix of stays and credit card spend, I earned over 75k elite qualifying IHG points. Just before December, my account progress bar showed me as Spire on points.

Yesterday, when logging into my account, I was therefore rather surprised to find it showing me as only Platinum! I dropped them an email, but other than an auto-responder, didn't hear back.

So, today, I rang up. After not too long on hold, I got through to someone who greeted me as only a Platinum member, then after I explained went off to check. Apparently IHG are having some IT issues at the moment, and a non-zero number of people have been set to the wrong status level!

During the call, I got my status fixed back to Spire (it showed as soon as I logged out and back in again), and I was able to pick my Spire Choice 25k points. Not sure if it was fixed in time for tonight's IHG hotel to see the right status though... Go check your IHG accounts, and phone rather than email if it's wrong!

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Thanks Gagravarr! 'IHG - here to make Accor's IT look good'.

3. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

I don't know - half the Accor hotels I stay in get sent my first name and last name the wrong way round from Le Club! Makes checking in fun when they ask for your surname...