IHG Friends and Family link

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by Misa, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Misa

Misa New Member

Hi
    I don't think it has been posted here yet.
    I have Friends and Family link
    for stays in IHG hotels, have used it several times in the UK as well as USA and always worked without any problem.

This rate is open to Friends and Family of IHG employees - the link was sent to IHG by a senior manager so is okay to use.
    This link typically gives about 40% off normal rates, although people have reported up to 50%+.
    Please note you don't get Priority Club points for these reservations.

You need to print out a voucher and fill in the employees name as "Douglas Oesterreich", along with details of your reservation from your confirmation email.
    I always take the printed out voucher with me, I was asked for it just couple of times in San Diego and Birmingham, but better be safe than sorry I think.

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/gl...vWuJ4%3D&cm_mmc=DCE-_-FF-_-20090406-_-AM15256

JoeD likes this.
  2. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

No IHG Rewards Club points on the bookings, as you state, also means they don't count towards the often lucrative Accelerate promotions either...

3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Cheers Misa! - I'd completely forgotten about that. As you say, no Points/no promos - which meant I stuck with the 30% Mastercard etc Partner rates for so long that I'd forgotten about f&f. I do seem to recall it coming in very handy a couple of times ages ago though.

4. Misa

Misa New Member

I do apraciate it does not suit anyone collecting the Club points, however for one off booking it can offer good saving..