How long do Amex Points take to transfer to flying blue?

Discussion in 'Flying Blue' started by Sdon, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Sdon

Sdon Member

On Monday afternoon I transferred the remaining points needed for a flight from Toronto to London (currently on flying blues promo awards list) from amex to flying blue. The Promo award ends on Thurs which pushes amex 4day period to the limit.

I have contacted both flying blue and amex to see if it can be expedited but they both claim it is the other's responsibility. Flying blue have held a seat for me but can't hold it past 9pm on Thursday.

Does anyone have any experience transferring from amex points to flying blue? And more importantly how long did it take?

Thanks

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Hi Sdon,

Unfortunately it's not something I can remember doing and transfer times really can vary quite a bit depending on the airline in my experience. Hopefully someone can offer more useful advice!

Sdon likes this.
  3. Sdon

Sdon Member

It's frustrating I would have transferred them last week. I read an article on the points guy which said it was instant transfers. And only realized yesterday when I went to transfer them that it says 4 days and the article I read must have been specific to US Amex. Fingers crossed!!

4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yes, time I finally got round to doing some proper experiments on all the UK amex transfer times I reckon...

Will probably be a few weeks in the making though.

Richard1974 likes this.
  5. suzannechan

suzannechan New Member

took me 2 working days only!

6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Thinking about it practically, I think what I'll do is start with a bit of a rough draft (arrived at by sending points to each transfer partner twice, on different days of the week - maybe monday and saturday), then get readers to leave their data points in the comments, which I'll use to continually update it.

There's the additional issue of whether points take longer when you don't have the partner already connected to your amex account, but I can't directly help too much with that at the moment, as my amex account is connected to all the popular transfer partners already. Could always update it and add a column next churn I suppose.

7. Sdon

Sdon Member

Success! My accounts weren't connected and the points took 2 days exactly to arrive.

Just in time to make the promo award booking on KML 787. Would be interested in your results too as planning on transferring to Virgin and Asia miles potentially later this year.

JoeD likes this.
  8. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Pleased to hear it!

Sdon likes this.
  9. Dan22125

Dan22125 New Member

Glad to hear they transferred just in time!

Your threads been helpful as the only reason I got AMEX Rewards cards was specifically for KLM!

Sdon likes this.
  10. Sdon

Sdon Member

Good to hear. I loved my KML experience the service and food were great. Im not sure how the 2-2-2 on other planes will be but the 1-2-1 on the 787 was great a lot of storage space and surfaces. Ans the lounge in Amsterdam even though it is quite busy at times is very well staffed and the bar on the first floor has had seat the few times i have been there.

JoeD likes this.
  11. capo1211

capo1211 New Member

I once flew KLM from Seoul to Amsterdam, they served a ice cream so cold that my tongue stuck to it. Plus they never answer the call to service bell, so if you ever want a drink or snack make sure you take the isle.

12. thoray

thoray New Member

for me?