Hilton status expiry date

Discussion in 'Hilton Honors' started by litefoot, Mar 31, 2017.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

You can now see the date your Hilton status expires when you log in to your account. Follow these steps:

Go to the main page of your account (titled Account Overview).

On the left of the page, click on My Hilton Honors Card.

A ghost window appears advertising the Hilton app. Scroll down and on the left side you'll see a digital membership card. At the very bottom of the card, it will show an expiry date. Sorted!

JoeD likes this.
  2. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

Nice. Bad timing though since today is my last day of Diamond. :(

3. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeah, sadly that little tip has confirmed that my status is now lowly silver, despite the big letters still saying 'Diamond' on the main login page. Dammit.

(My Amex Plat should get that back up to Gold at least though!)

4. Ian

Ian Active Member

For some reason on mine there was some other text over the top and hard to read, but it looks like March 2018, which is what I expected. I got it extended during one of the status match campaigns by matching again, even though I already was matched to Diamond at the time, and got an email confirming it was matched until March 2018. Just need 26 more stays this year to maintain it until 2019!

5. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Quick trip to Aberdeen then, hopping between the various Hilton hotels that are offering bargain rates?

Apparently you could also then start a crazy tier point run to Tallin via the Scottish Islands + Glasgow + London + Helsinki too :)

JoeD likes this.
  6. Ian

Ian Active Member

I think I might struggle for time off work, already got 4 holidays booked this year. Hoping for plenty of overnight stays in London for work that I can expense :)

7. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

How cheap are the Aberdeen Hiltons these days?

8. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

Looking at a few weeks out, on a weekend, the Hampton is about £40/night, the DoubleTrees around £50, and the HGI around £60. There's 4 Hilton hotels there open, and one more about to open, plus a load of new + existing ones from other chains, just as the Oil industry has taken a downward dive again...

9. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

V interesting - yes, I imagine it wasn't all that long ago that the rates were through the roof there. It must be the most unstable market in the UK by far, surely?

Any idea what Aberdeen is like? - I spent quite a lot of time in the West of Scotland (Loch Lomond, Oban etc) when I was a kid and know Edinburgh a bit (love both), but have never ventured up the East coast.

10. Lionell

Lionell Member Staff Member

I received the physical card in the mail while I was on vacation and that is showing an expiry date of my diamond status of 03/19. Whilst in the app and on the website, it says I still need X number of stays to maintain diamond. I wonder which one it is...