Having your (M&S) cake and eating it

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by GnarlyOldGoatDude, Apr 5, 2017.

1. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

Two opposing articles on the front page today.
    Exhibit A, Craig spreads the gospel of risk aversion by saying that BA is "seemingly in a race to the bottom" - extoling the virtues of other programmes. Sage stuff.

Exhibit B, Joe takes an all expenses paid trip for the 26 mile as-the-crow-BA2944*-flies journey from Gatwick to Heathrow. We are tantalised by pictures of 3 bottles of Henriot in an ice bucket and freshly made porridge. Does that sound like a race to the bottom?
    [​IMG]

Gentleman, what are we meant to believe?

*BA2944 which is confusingly the 6 day a week early evening A319/A320 flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh. I tried to use flightradar24.com to see the route of the charter, but it only shows the normal scheduled operations.

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha!! What can I say - we cater for a broad church!

I think my personal views on BA (cf Ryanair) are clear enough to merit me being nice... occasionally ;).

As this is a public forum, I'll let you in on a secret - I was unable to attend personally, so sadly missed out on the (no doubt delectable) porridge/champagne combo. InsideFlyer was well represented though and there are some (fairly) interesting developments to share.

3. Ian

Ian Active Member

The flight was BA9244, and looks like it went up to the north of Scotland, turned around over Stornaway and then I got bored of watching it on Flightradar24.

Joe - next time you need a stand-in to eat porridge and drink champagne, let me know ;)

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Consider it done! - although I maintain first refusal, as I enjoy both porridge (in moderation) and champagne (whether in moderation or not) a great deal!

5. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

It seems I've invented a "new thing" with the Champorridge combo.

JoeD likes this.
  6. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Breakfast of champions! (or Points/Miles collectors anyway...)