Gatwick Lounges

Discussion in 'Airports & Lounges' started by West, Nov 18, 2018.

1. West

West New Member

I used the Gatwick North, No 1 Lounge the other day, early on a Monday morning. Despite having read that it's often busy and may turn Priority Pass holders away later in the day, I have to say that I found it a good place to wait for my flight at that time There was some relatively comfortable seating, a choice of breakfast food and drinks, and in one part of the lounge the lighting was subdued - particularly helpful as I found the neon lighting elsewhere in the airport quite harsh at that time of the morning.

JoeD likes this.
  2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

I still haven't been, but the No1 lounges do look pretty good.

However, I think my judgement on lounges is probably quite suspect at the moment, given that I genuinely enjoyed the food, service and ambiance at one of the Manchester ones last month! (Usually, they're pretty bad - assuming you can get in. I was turned away with Priority Pass 3 times in a row last year).

3. SteveBG

SteveBG New Member

I’m sat in the T3 escape lounge at Manchester as we speak - no complaints at all

Attached Files:

JoeD likes this.
  4. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Yeh, I think it must have improved (certainly the food), sometime during that period where I couldn't get in. As I say, last time I went, I was genuinely quite impressed.

5. tiribam

tiribam New Member

It's not bad at all but it can't be compared to Heathrow's lounge

6. Loobc

Loobc New Member

I've heard they are making a new lounge in Gatwick South, any one know anything about this?

7. ob13561

ob13561 New Member

I've only visited the Gatwick North lounge once, there are certainly better lounges

8. morgan_sa

morgan_sa New Member

If the No1 North is at all similar to the No1 South, I'd certainly consider it a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours waiting for my flight.