Epic £75.75 cashback for opening a free Nationwide Current Account!

Discussion in 'Free/no additional spend miles & points' started by Gagravarr, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Gagravarr

Gagravarr Active Member

I think someone at Nationwide must have an almost-reached 2015 new accounts bonus in the offing, because they're currently bribing you with 75 quid in cashback just for opening one of their free Nationwide FlexDirect accounts!

Head to https://www.topcashback.co.uk/nationwide-flex-direct/ for the magic link, click through, open a free Nationwide FlexDirect account online (should only take a few minutes, based on what it was when I opened one some time ago with no cashback offering...), then likely wait about a month for the cashback to be payable.

For likely 5-10 minutes work, that's a pretty epic payback! No apparent need to setup or transfer any direct debits either, just open the account, wait a bit, and bank the hefty slug of cashback :)

litefoot and tommyl like this.
  2. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

When I did it, it had gone down to £36.75 but I'm not bothered because I only need £30 to max out with TCB->Tesco CC conversions this year.

It tracked but I have a 10 week wait to get the confirmed cashback, alas.

3. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

OK, Halifax to Nationwide bank switch completed. Let's see if they pay the cashback!

4. Ian

Ian Active Member

There is an alternative payout available for switching to Nationwide, and it might even stack with Quidco/Topcashback......
    If you are referred by a friend, each of you get £100 into your account, around a month or so after switching. As with most of these deals, you have to switch using their service (which I have done, and it really does work a treat).

It's an odd process, imagine I was to refer you, then I enter your name, email address and date of birth into a form on Nationwide's website, along with some of my details, and that's it. You then go ahead and apply in the normal way, in fact I think you can even apply in branch and by some back-end magic, they figure out that you were referred by me and we both get £100.

I'm not expecting anyone to ask me for this; in reality you probably shouldn't hand over your name, date of birth and email address to random strangers on forums, but if you know someone with a Nationwide account, get them to refer you.

litefoot and Gagravarr like this.
  5. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I had this claim rejected by Nationwide recently. Odd, because not only is the account still functioning, I even opened another savings account with them.

Needless to say I am pursuing it with TCB.

Has anyone had the cash back paid?

6. tommyl

Did they?

7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Still shows as pending. 12 weeks was predicted. This is the 13th week. I opted for the lower cashback of £35.35 for the Nationwide Flex Account.

8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

This just went to confirmed.

With this, Lottoland and Ladbrokes, you are three for three gents! Thanks!

I've got my 50 quid ready and waiting for my new Tesco year on Topcashback in October!

tommyl likes this.
  9. tommyl

Glad to hear it. My £75.75 with Nationwide is still subject to an ongoing claim following rejection. The irony here is I have ended up actually using the account properly! (I had no plans to, but it actually worked well for me)

Gagravarr likes this.
  10. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

NATIONWIDE HAVE FINALLY PAID OUT!!!!

Praise the Lord, it's a miracle! :)

£37.11 including a 5% bonus for the Nationwide Flex Account. I set up the account in the first week of Jan, cashback went 'confirmed' April 12th, and another three months to go to 'payable'. Heck of a slog to get there but worth it in the end.

If my annual Tesco Clubcard limit had expired by now, I would have converted it to CC points and then on to BAEC for a cool 8484 avios. That option is closed now so I've had to convert it direct to BAEC but that's still 3711 avios I wouldn't otherwise have had! Huzzah!

Keep up the good work gents :)

11. Adam

Adam Active Member

Would it of been better value to take as cash then buy ib avios via groupon offer or did you max that offer out?

litefoot likes this.
  12. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

If I'd got it as cash (£37.11) I'd have used it to pay for one of the 4000 packages. The 4000 package costs me about £35 using Paypal, so the prices were virtually the same. I'd already bought a 4000 package anyway :)

Adam likes this.
  13. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I blummin' well forgot to go through Iberia Plus for the 4000 package. I did it for the 2000 but forgot for this one. Oops!

Adam likes this.
  14. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

One advantage of transferring from TCB to BAEC is the transfer time. I just got the avios having only made the TCB payout request 48 hours ago. A LOT quicker than Tesco.

15. Adam

Adam Active Member

You got a nice flight organised by the sounds of it!

litefoot likes this.