Earn SPG Starpoints with Uber!

Discussion in 'Starwood Preferred Guest' started by tommyl, Feb 26, 2015.

1. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

In what has to be seen as an excellent development for frequent travellers, you can now earn SPG Starpoints on your Uber taxi journeys.

You will earn 1 point per US $1 dollar (or local currency equivalent) spent on Uber rides.

SPG Starpoints are a very valuable frequent traveller currency, not least given the excellent redeemption options with Starwood hotels, and the ability to transfer them to a wide range of airline frequent flyer schemes. upload_2015-2-26_10-27-27.gif

The full terms and conditions are set out here. In summary:
    • You need to sign in and link your SPG and Uber accounts.
    • You need to stay with SPG this calendar year: you will then be eligible to earn Starpoints with Uber up to 31 January 2016. After this date, you need to stay with SPG again.
    • If you are staying at an SPG hotel on the day of your Uber ride, you will earn bonus Starpoints depending on your SPG status, as follows:
    [​IMG]
    • Once you spend US $10,000 or the equivalent on Uber rides in a calendar year you are no longer able to earn Starpoints for Uber rides in that calendar year
    The full FAQs are here.

2. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

I know it shouldn't, but I sometimes prioritise my "taxi" options in order to pick up SPG points via Uber. Of course, the increasingly bad attitude of black cab drivers in London also makes my choice for me.