e-Rewards - waiting time for points to post!

Discussion in 'Others' started by Adam, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Adam

Adam Active Member

Not seen much on here about e-Rewards recently so thought i would open up a new discussion on the topic.

How long in the UK are people generally waiting for their point redemptions to hit accounts?
    Ive been waiting now over 7 x days for an Avios post.
    IHG came through today exactly a week later.

litefoot likes this.
  2. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Been waiting 11 days for my avios.com reward. Don't hold your breath!

Adam likes this.
  3. Adam

Adam Active Member

I think the longest i have ever waited was nearly 3 x weeks for avios to credit, that was quite a few months ago when lots of people reported a problem over on HFP.
    Recently though my fastest was 3 x days.

4. Adam

Adam Active Member

My 2k avios finally credited today, just under 3 x weeks this time.

litefoot likes this.
  5. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Ditto :)

Adam likes this.
  6. Adam

Adam Active Member

Wow, AA hit my account the following day.
    HH usually the same day for redemptions, IHG usually the following Tues pm.
    GC's in my experience took 3 x weeks to arrive.

litefoot likes this.
  7. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

GC?

I'm all up to date at last!

8. Adam

Adam Active Member

Gift cards, i thought it would never turn up but exactly 3 x weeks later it was delivered.

9. Adam

Adam Active Member

Litefoot - have you also tried e-miles?

litefoot likes this.
  10. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Too much hassle, I gave up in the end. E-Rewards and Rewards for Thoughts keep me busy enough :)

Adam likes this.
  11. Adam

Adam Active Member

I ve grown to hate rewards for thoughts, every invite has 7 -8 qualification sections to complete recently so most if the time i just hit delete now as the likelihood of getting accepted on that many Q sections is low, i did try one yest and got 25 Avios for a few mins time.
    I used to think e-miles was a con until i started getting 140 mile surveys in the last few weeks, ive racked up 1k miles in a week on two accounts. The AA miles redemption is the best thing for me on there, every survey mile is an AA mile, against EY 1st redemptions those points are worth a lot of money to me and there not limited per month.

12. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

Completely agree. Not worth the effort. e-miles is worth dipping into from time to time. e-rewards is probably still the most generous. Opinion Check-In is a good one for IHG.

I have the luxury of having a sister who is high-up in brand strategy, so when the surveys ask whether someone in the family is in marketing or market research, I have an easy way out. This is a good thing. It's easier to screen out quickly than to have to put up with a boring survey in which you have no interest.

I spend much less time on surveys than I used to, but have earned 30,000 miles a year through this route.

Adam likes this.
  13. Adam

Adam Active Member

I find opinion check runs on a very similar platform to rewards for thoughts so after i bagged the intro 1000 ihg points i didnt bother. I attempted to carry on with OC but after the first few surveys all failed halfway through and all they were offering were 68-88 ihg points for 15 mins work i stayed away.

14. Adam

Adam Active Member

Im finding recently that e-miles are hosting a lot of large mile reward surveys for other companies like mysurveys. When it asks you to tick are you happy for another company to verify your email address i was cautious, i clicked through once to be redirected to mysurveys, took 5 mins completing a pre qual questinons to get failed and then they send you on to the next survey to get failed again and again. I now just tick no to these surveys but i get them everyday and some days 80% of all surveys in my account.

15. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I have made 33504 avios from Rewards For Thoughts in the last 18 months!

16. Adam

Adam Active Member

Did you mean 3504 avios? most of the survey invitations i get sent are for 50 avios?

litefoot likes this.
  17. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Nope, I did actually mean 33504 avios. If you're wondering why there's a 4, it's because on one occasion when I complained that I hadn't received a survey reward, the person handling it credited 54 avios to my account instead of 50. Presumably an error on their part.

All the surveys I have done offer 25 or 50 avios.

18. Adam

Adam Active Member

Wow, thats a massive amount of surveys A. Im getting 12k a month via erewards.
    Does anyone else find e-rewards really slow on a Sunday, i get a good amount of points everyday except Suns, i suppose they must be manually processed and Sundays no one works in the US.

litefoot likes this.
  19. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I haven't noticed anything different on Sundays, except for yesterday when I had five surveys and got filtered out of all of them.

20. Adam

Adam Active Member

Ive been cancelled out of 5 surveys today, frustrating but did get a lucky tech blip and they credited me 600 this morning for nothing. I average only 1000 points on a sunday where as 4000 on a weekday.

litefoot likes this.