E-Miles

Discussion in 'Free/no additional spend miles & points' started by litefoot, Apr 26, 2016.

1. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

I'm looking for way of earning HHonors points outside of the usual avenues. I noticed a website called E-Miles which offers the chance to earn some free HHonors miles on joining, and then more after that for looking at marketing ads.

The rules stipulate it's US residents only, though I did manage to create an account with them.

Apparently my profile needs to include a US address. The question is, can you just make one up, add your HHonors details and still earn the points? This is a little bit naughty!

2. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

I set up an e-miles account when I took part in the US Airways Grand Slam promotion in 2012. I believe that you have to choose the partner in advanced, so cannot have multiple options like you see on some e-rewards accounts.

I was UK based at the time....no particular problem, as I used my old California address.

When you first set the account up you will have lots of offers that will get you 50-75% towards your first reward. After that it's a little slower.

I still use e-miles to top up my merged AAdvantage account. Essentially I get 500 miles per 6 months....nowhere near the amount that I can earn through e-rewards, but a useful revenue stream nevertheless.

litefoot likes this.
  3. Adam

Adam Active Member

Yes, we have two accounts. I searched for a business address in NY, copied the address and all ok. When it asks for your zip or postcode as we know it I think you need to only put the numbers in and not NY at the start.
    The HH points take approx 7-10 days to post to your account.
    I personally find the peanut lab surveys not as dependable as erewards, I tend to get accepted for a lot of surveys then when you proceed it just states your not a right match. I also have noticed that some surveys I have completed successfully but checking back the day after it states disqualified?
    Personally for me erewards wins hands down over emiles but it is another route if you can bothered to sit out lots of non matches for HH points.
    You do get regularly 5 point 3 question surveys connected to ads, these do mount up.

litefoot likes this.
  4. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

Thanks gents. Just filling in all those 5-15 point 'tell us about yourself' pages a the moment. 115 miles so far.

Puzzled as to how I get the 500 HHonors miles as there's nowhere to enter my Hilton membership number. Any ideas?

5. Adam

Adam Active Member

Hi,
    When we managed the first 500 miles it automatically then allowed us to pick our redemption partner box like erewards and you then enter your HH account number.
    In regards to new account offers we got which I think is standard earn 250 miles for completing various tasks like questionnaires. On start up you can easily get to 350-400 miles quickly but it's the surveys which are tricky offering on average 19 miles for 15-20 mins work.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    litefoot likes this.
  6. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

7. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I used e-miles for a fair old while, but ultimately (as GOGD above notes) when I'd gone through the initial stash of fairly juicy points offerings, I found it just a touch too fiddly for the points I was getting.

That said you can get occasional decent chunks by signing up for brochures etc. The intro offer Litefoot flags above is also worth it for new users too.

The US address issue can be fairly easily circumvented using Google...

litefoot likes this.
  8. litefoot

litefoot Active Member

My only concern is that these companies I sign up to are going to send out brochures to non-existent addresses, with USPS postmen looking for places that aren't there. And I wouldn't send out junk mail to an existing address, hardly fair on them.

How do you get around this?

9. Adam

Adam Active Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  10. Adam

Adam Active Member

Got to love sometimes mile earning opportunities! E-miles today have the free 5 miles for clicking on the link to spg to buy points at 30% discount.
    10 x AA miles over two accounts thanks to my favourite transfer partner.

JoeD likes this.
  11. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Haha, very nice!

12. Adam

Adam Active Member

In fact there are four opps today each @ 5 pts so 20 free AA miles on each account, factor in the free 5 AA miles each via AW blog posts so 50 today for free, check your accounts for your free miles.
    To make things even sweeter, erewards has just given me 3400 points for watching an pilot episode of a programme to be aired on amazon. That's the biggest reward I have ever seen, heard about or earnt.
    Happy days!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  13. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

fantastic!

14. Adam

Adam Active Member

Latest change on erewards accounts.
    When you go to redeem points for a reward you have to register a mobile number to get sent a code to enter to proceed with your redemption.
    Rumours are it's to try and cull multiple accounts and I have just had to obtain the individual redemption code on one of my accounts.
    It's not clear yet if this is only required as a one off register and code enter for security reasons or you have to gain a code on every redemption.

15. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Interesting - keep us updated on how it develops!

16. Adam

Adam Active Member

OK, just read on the FT thread a copied and pasted statement which states that you only need to register a mobile number once and gain the authorisation code once per account to continue redeeming points.
    Your mobile number does though need to correspond with the country the account is registered in.
    Remember that if you have more than one account, you cannot use the same number on any other accounts.

17. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Ah good, that doesn't seem too onerous at least then. Is the country thing much of an issue?

18. Adam

Adam Active Member

Shouldn't be much of an issue, it asks for the area / countyry code from a drop down first.

19. Adam

Adam Active Member

Just a heads up, I've just redeemed a 2nd time on the same account and the code was not a one off, you have to enter a new code on every redemption so ensure you keep your mobile numbers registered per account written down.

JoeD likes this.
  20. FlyingPiggie

FlyingPiggie Active Member

Any idea how to cheaply get a US number online that can receive the text codes?

I actually tried to use my US-resident brother's mobile number, but he didn't even receive the text. Not sure whether it's because his dodgy IPhone doesn't work whilst roaming or whether E-Rewards have finally put an end to my earning free Alaska miles with a VPN...

But even if a third party gets the text and tries to pass it on quickly, I suspect it's only valid for a few minutes... :(