DUB: Transferring at Dublin

Discussion in 'Route Planning' started by MilesFromBlighty, Nov 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MilesFromBlighty

MilesFromBlighty Co-founder

The attractive DUB fares have lead many people to do a transfer at DUB. Here are some experiences:

1. It can be done - but don't book yourself on the same plane as the you arrive on.
    2. You cannot connect airside unless you have a Boarding Pass for your next flight
    3. If you connect airside you cannot use Fast Track.

Upon arrival you must clear immigration. It's usually quick unless 2-3 planes arrive at the same time.
    Once you clear immigration, go up the escalator behind the booths, along the short corridor, and back down the escalator to baggage claim.
    Exit Customs and turn right.
    In front you will see an escalator - go up it.
    If you have Fast Track access turn right at the top and walk across the front of the Turkish Airlines check-in desks.
    If you don't have Fast Track walk ahead from the top of the escalator to normal security.

If you need the BA desks turn right and then right again to get to the check-in desks. BA is at the back of Turkish (Nov 2015)

Generally the Fast Track queue at DUB is well policed and you can usually be through pretty fast. You can pay (About EUR6) for access via the Dublin Airport web site.

tommyl likes this.
  2. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

And you can of course get dirt-cheap UK-Dublin fares with Ryanair... ;)

3. GnarlyOldGoatDude

GnarlyOldGoatDude Active Member

I thought they were your friend?

4. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Well I like them (a bit). Pretty sure I'm alone in that though.