Companion voucher question

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by jennieb, Jun 17, 2020.

1. jennieb

jennieb New Member

I have used a BA companion voucher to arrange flights to Washington in Aug prior to going on a cruise but now want to cancel these flights as the cruise has been cancelled.
    I know BA is offering a voucher to people wanting to cancel their flights which is valid until April 2022 but would this date apply to my voucher as theoretically my companion voucher expires in March 2021 (or possibly Sep 2021 with the recent 6 month extension that BA has given to all companion vouchers )
    Finally would the new BA voucher include all taxes and seat fees that I’ve paid ?
    I’ve tried to call customer services to ask this but can’t get through so any advice much appreciated.

2. VinoTYT

VinoTYT Member

Yes, the future travel voucher will include your companion voucher used and the entire amount paid previously, and the voucher will be valid until April 2022, even if your companion voucher expire before that.

Bear in mind that at the moment, you can only call BA to use your future travel voucher, so that could be quite troublesome potentially.

You can try to verify with BA via Twitter DM, that's how I got the information above.

3. Kevinar

Kevinar New Member

I like travel