Chicago in February - any suggestions appreciated

Discussion in 'North America' started by tommyl, Jan 29, 2016.

1. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

I'm off to Chicago in February, thanks to a great value Lufthansa "Mileage Bargain" Business Class redemption.

Tickets already booked for the Chicago Blackhawks (slightly excited) and Chicago Bulls (very excited), but if anyone has any "must do" tips for Chicago in February (other than staying indoors with the heating turned fully up) then I'd be grateful for them.

2. JoeD

JoeD Well-Known Member

Fraid not - but would love to go (and prob will later this year), so a trip report would be great!

3. tommyl

tommyl Co-founder Staff Member

Cheers Joe. I'm Lufthansa Mileage Bargaining it in Business Class, then staying at the "iconic" (apparently) Hilton Chicago as a Diamond member, so will certainly be reporting back.

JoeD likes this.
  4. EagleStar

EagleStar New Member

The gangster tour is always good fun and I also recommend the Chicago architecture tour. The latter will tell you all about the different skyscrapers, when and how they were built, etc.

If it's a nice day, ice skating in Millennium Park near the iconic Chicago bean is good fun. It's right next to Tavern in the Park too which serves pretty good food.

Don;t forget to go to the top of the Willis or Hancock buildings. The Willis tower has a glass floor at the top which has a habit of freaking people out.

Magnolia Bakery (108 N. State Street at Block 37) also serves the best cheesecake ever, and is right downtown in the loop.

I'd probably avoid Navy Pier unless you like screaming kids, tacky souvenirs, and sky high prices.

Enjoy your time in Chicago it's a great city!

5. gurmani

gurmani New Member

the best to see Chicago in February or in any month of the year. hoping that you enjoyed your tour a lot

6. Yael

Yael New Member

Any new reccomendations for 2019? :)

7. Glibchik

Glibchik New Member

For Christmas time